Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA-Letter writing tips ...please

Originally Posted by Steve G

And Dandelion and Burdock!!

Good God!!!!! that takes me back!!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:53 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimmy67
Have you printed off the TRA document relevant to his trade, as this will give you guide lines on what you will need. If you don't know much about what he has been doing then get him to do it. Just go backwards in history, if he worked for himself or is a subbie, like mine is then you have to approach the companies he has regularly worked for to get refs, and also regular suppliers for refs, then photocopy all of his certificates of learning, if he was self employed photocopy accounts for 3 years etc.

Kim
Ok thanks Kim, I've printed something off TRA site today, i'll have a read through.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

you could try slipping in a $100
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

To some extent that's true, but without wishing to be contentious (and I acknowledge that I have an interest) an agent who knows what s/he is doing and who has seen many skills assessment applications before is likely to give an objective and critical opinion on whether the documentation is adequate, correctly prepared, contains the necessary level of detail, advises where there are gaps in the application, etc- and will give guidance on the areas that need improvement before the application is lodged.

Some trade skills applicants will cope better than others in bringing together the necessary paperwork, but for a fairly high proportion I suggest that their prospects for securing a positive skills assessment outcome (and hence their prospects for securing a visa) are improved by engaging a knowledgeable advisor.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Kimmy67
<snip>
We didn't use an agent, as they only tell you what you need you still have to do all the donkey work yourself. Plus if you can read and write and have half an ounce of common sence you'll be able to do it. Pay me and I'll tell you !!! LOL

Kim