Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plymouth Medical & PCC Check

Plymouth Medical & PCC Check

Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:57 pm
LSH
Forum Regular

LSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant future
Default Plymouth Medical & PCC Check

Does any one have any information on how they got on with a medical in Plymouth and what it cost? Any information and recommendations greatly accepted.

Also how long are Police checks taking from Devon and Cornwall at the minute?

Thanks Leo
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plymouth Medical & PCC Check

Originally Posted by LSH
Does any one have any information on how they got on with a medical in Plymouth and what it cost? Any information and recommendations greatly accepted.

Thanks Leo
UK/England
The Australian High Commission in London, United Kingdom maintains a panel doctor list for England. Refer to the High Commission website for a list of current panel doctors at:
http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LSH

Thanks Leo
we are in torquay and we rang rang bristol, plymouth, yeovil and taunton. plymouth were hugely expensive so we ended up going to yeovil which was cheaper and we got x-rays and meds done on same day. loads cheaper than plymouth.

PCC back in about 4 weeks i think.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:24 pm
LSH
Forum Regular

LSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we are in torquay and we rang rang bristol, plymouth, yeovil and taunton. plymouth were hugely expensive so we ended up going to yeovil which was cheaper and we got x-rays and meds done on same day. loads cheaper than plymouth.

PCC back in about 4 weeks i think.
Thanks for that Rooksie i phoned Plymouth and thought they sounded expensive! I will give Yeovil a call. How was the actual medical? Did they give you the Spanish inquisition or was it ok?

Regards Leo
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Like the name Leo
Here's a message I sent to a mad Torquay hotelier a while ago.

Actual place is Stannary Surgery, Abbey Rise, Tavistock phone 01822.616199
They work hand in hand with the x-ray people and they book both to coincide so you can do the both in one day. X-ray is done at The Plymouth Nuffield Hospital, Derriford Road, Plymouth phone 01752.775861

We just informed Stannary what type of visa we were going for and what we had been told to get.

Ours was for a 457 temp visa so different than yours.
X-rays were GBP77 each and basic medical GBP 180 each (no bloods). I guess yours would costs more !

The examination we had here in Aus for PR was more in depth and included bloods. A lot cheaper here to.

When your time comes check out the link to "UK and ROI Panel Doctor List" on here just in case they change....
They are under South England and some may be closer to you. Price across the country can vary a lot so it may be worth your while travelling a few extra miles to save some dosh.
Being in Cornwall that wasn't really an option for us.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LSH
Thanks for that Rooksie i phoned Plymouth and thought they sounded expensive! I will give Yeovil a call. How was the actual medical? Did they give you the Spanish inquisition or was it ok?

Regards Leo
the medical was a piece of cake mate. we were all prepared with my husband's letter fromthe doc detailing what med he was taking and why and he didnt bat an eyelid over it. we went to hospital in the morning for x-rays and then meds in the afternoon. i guess it was a long day with the kids in tow but we saved a few hundred quid!! would have been just as far to travel to plymouth more or less. even the blood test was painless and im a total whimp!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Like the name Leo

They work hand in hand with the x-ray people and they book both to coincide so you can do the both in one day. X-ray is done at The Plymouth Nuffield Hospital, Derriford Road, Plymouth phone 01752.775861

We just informed Stannary what type of visa we were going for and what we had been told to get.

X-rays were GBP77 each and basic medical GBP 180 each (no bloods). I guess yours would costs more !

The examination we had here in Aus for PR was more in depth and included bloods. A lot cheaper here to.

When your time comes check out the link to "UK and ROI Panel Doctor List" on here just in case they change....
They are under South England and some may be closer to you. Price across the country can vary a lot so it may be worth your while travelling a few extra miles to save some dosh.

im going to give you a damned good thrashing!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:43 pm
LSH
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
Like the name Leo

Thanks Bix, we are in Cornwall and yes the prices do tend to differ so maybe a look around might help!

Leo
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
im going to give you a damned good thrashing!

I shall resist.........for a little while.
Attached Thumbnails Plymouth Medical & PCC Check-upsidedown.jpg  
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by LSH
Thanks Bix, we are in Cornwall and yes the prices do tend to differ so maybe a look around might help!

Leo
I riginate frum middle of clay country boy...........St.Ozzle.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:38 pm
LSH
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
I riginate frum middle of clay country boy...........St.Ozzle.
Well it is a small world as i type this reply from St Stephen frum middle of clay country! How is your new life? Was it all worth it?
Leo
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
I shall resist.........for a little while.
its that new hate mate, its gone to your head!! oh im too good!!!
Attached Images  
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by LSH
Well it is a small world as i type this reply from St Stephen frum middle of clay country! How is your new life? Was it all worth it?
Leo
It be gawn grand me boy!!! And yes, it was all worth it, the trials of getting the visa, sorting out our house situ, getting here, living here, working here, and playing here Absolutely brilliant m8! Mrs. bix here, everytime I walk to where I work, along the Esplanade, I cant believe how lucky we were to have this chance in life!!! So glad we made the decision to go for it - its sooooo worth the soul searching and effort, life will never ever be the same for any of us, thats for sure

Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
It be gawn grand me boy!!! And yes, it was all worth it, the trials of getting the visa, sorting out our house situ, getting here, living here, working here, and playing here Absolutely brilliant m8! Mrs. bix here, everytime I walk to where I work, along the Esplanade, I cant believe how lucky we were to have this chance in life!!! So glad we made the decision to go for it - its sooooo worth the soul searching and effort, life will never ever be the same for any of us, thats for sure

ok ok now im jealous
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:20 am
LSH
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix

Thanks for that Bix, it is good to hear an upbeat message as all to often people are negative and that sends you on another bout of deep thought! I guess we will be out sometime next year to give it our best shot!

Leo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.