Tra Joinery

Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

chipiesteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tra Joinery

.r.a. doing it right ,giving them what they want

Hi all, first posting this.Have assembled everything the t.r.a. have asked for,references ect even some tech drawings to give them an idea of what i work from.its time to fill in the form ive downloaded from the net.

7. EXPERIENCE IN OCCUPATION IN WHICH ASSESSMENT SOUGHT.
Im a bench hand joiner but go to site as well as fit the products we make.im not qualified but have 14 yrs in the trade.
I would realy like to make an impact on this section and am finding it hard to put my daily work load into words .Are there any joiners been in the same boat .ANY HELP WOULD BE TOP BANANA.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sorry not the same occupation but when i was filling in the others halfs TRA i just put every detail down ie a typical days work from start to finish, the tools used ( regarding the tools i listed every tool ever used and also their use, which maybe straightforward to you but a complete novice may be reading your file). Someone told me to list every detail involved and it worked for us.

Good luck with it all

footie chick
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:52 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tra Joinery

Hubby's a roofer with no qualifications, we both sat down with the tra forms and as our agent said the more detail the better he also said don't just fill in the box they give you, if you use a certain sort of hammer, name it what type etc in the end we split his experience into a couple of different headings and did a "walk through" of different jobs completed, describing in detail how he did that certain roof, we even put in pictures, basically an instruction book to roofing the Brown way. It worked his tra letter came back within 4 weeks with a deeming date of 1988!
Even I know how to do a roof now!
Agent did say so many applications are refused due to lack of detail, and they seem to like appeals but unless you add extra into your application it can go pear shaped, so more is best, include tool list, naming everything you can use, pictures of jobs may help, look up what your sol classification says about what you should be able to do and make sure you mention everything mentioned in it.
jenny
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

chipiesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks jenny, thats a great idea to set it out into headings.In joinery as your hubby will tell you there are a spectrum of semi skilled jobs that go to make this trade ive ben lucky enough to have sampled many of these.
ill just work my way through till the fingers ache.
cheers steveand tracy.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chipiesteve
thanks jenny, thats a great idea to set it out into headings.In joinery as your hubby will tell you there are a spectrum of semi skilled jobs that go to make this trade ive ben lucky enough to have sampled many of these.
cheers steveand tracy.
TRA is the hardest part of the process. Get through it & you'll be sailing.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:19 pm
CARDIFFKID

Originally posted by chipiesteve
cheers steveand tracy.
HI MATE

AS A CARPENTER AND JOINER MYSELF , I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH!
I ALSO FILLED THE TRA FORMS OUT IN JUNE 03 AND FOUND IT HARD TO PUT THING DOWN IN WORDS.BUT READING EVERYONES VIEWS I AGREE THAT JUST TAKE A TYPICAL DAY AND TRY TO LIST TOOLS YOU USED IN THAT DAY .
ALSO THE MORE REFERENCES YOU GET THE BETTER! IT SHOW THAT YOU CAN DO YOUR JOB,THIS WILL ALSO HELP IF YOUR NOT CITY AND GUILDS OR NVQ.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND YOU WILL GET THERE!!

ANY HELP JUST ASK

CARDIFFKID

HALFWAY !!! OH THE WAITING