Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA help needed (please)

TRA help needed (please)

Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:29 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Thumbs up TRA help needed (please)

hi people this is our first post on here.We have started the migration process and have just got out skills assesment forms from the tra.I work as a printer but have only on the job training.have been doing the job for 9 years so have been told this will help.The forms seem a little daunting but if anyone can give advice on the detail needed in the paperwork we would be gratefull.I have done a breakdown of my on the job training and am hoping this is what they are looking for.We are looking to move to Brisbane as my wifes brother lives there.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:37 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA help needed (please)

Originally Posted by jon&kate
hi people this is our first post on here.We have started the migration process and have just got out skills assesment forms from the tra.I work as a printer but have only on the job training.have been doing the job for 9 years so have been told this will help.The forms seem a little daunting but if anyone can give advice on the detail needed in the paperwork we would be gratefull.I have done a breakdown of my on the job training and am hoping this is what they are looking for.We are looking to move to Brisbane as my wifes brother lives there.
Hi jon&kate,

Welcome to the forum!

I think your best bet is to post this on the Australian and NZ Immigration Forum...lots of teccie questions are answered on there...

Good luck with your quest..

D D
Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:10 pm
Taking first steps...

Meryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant future
Smile Re: TRA help needed (please)

The TRA form is a nightmare especially with no formal training. My husband is in the same boat and we are just trying to do the TRA now. Given the complexities of the form and because Husband is self employed too we have enlisted Go Matilda agents to help us. Why don't you try them. Yes you have to pay for it but it could be the difference between a yes and a no!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Karen & Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meryn & Steve
The TRA form is a nightmare especially with no formal training. My husband is in the same boat and we are just trying to do the TRA now. Given the complexities of the form and because Husband is self employed too we have enlisted Go Matilda agents to help us. Why don't you try them. Yes you have to pay for it but it could be the difference between a yes and a no!
I was in the exact same position just 6 months ago, being self employed is a nightmare for the TRA application. We used Go Matilda and had our classification back in 2 weeks (general plumber). It's well worth paying them to help. We're now waiting to hear about our visa application and are having our medicals next month.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Tony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Karen & Mark
I was in the exact same position just 6 months ago, being self employed is a nightmare for the TRA application. We used Go Matilda and had our classification back in 2 weeks (general plumber). It's well worth paying them to help. We're now waiting to hear about our visa application and are having our medicals next month.
I to went with Go Matilda who got me a positive skills assessment.
I was an IT contractor so similar to self employed.
Go Matilda take a look at your employment and skills first and won't take your case on if they don't think you've got a good chance. Defo have a word with them.

Last edited by Tony Po; Mar 29th 2006 at 7:13 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Leevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura about

I am self employed I sent of a letter of my accountant saying how long he had done my books and stating my job title . Also sent a copy of my last years accounts. Sure it helped.

Good luck .
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

baileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura about

Hi

My husband is also a printer, with no formal qualifications. We are still awaiting the result of our TRA. We are using an agent, which was a great help when it came to the TRA.
If we would have done it ourselves, there is no way we would have supplied so much detail.

If you need any help, we will do our best!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 5:05 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by baileysgirl
Hi

My husband is also a printer, with no formal qualifications. We are still awaiting the result of our TRA. We are using an agent, which was a great help when it came to the TRA.
If we would have done it ourselves, there is no way we would have supplied so much detail.

If you need any help, we will do our best!
how much detail did he go into?on the TRA form half of it is not relevant due to not having the formal qualifications.Any training was on the job training so any help you can give as to what sort of thing he put in writing would be a great help.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Karen & Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

how much detail did he go into?on the TRA form half of it is not relevant due to not having the formal qualifications.Any training was on the job training so any help you can give as to what sort of thing he put in writing would be a great help.
Go Matilda told us that no detail is too small, no matter unimportant you think it is. We couldn't believe the amount of detail they wanted - it sounded like we were repeating ourselves over and over again, but seemed to be what they wanted. (ie, Mark had to list everything he'd done over the last 15-20 years. working for companies that no longer exist, and try to prove it with references!)
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:14 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had on the job training as well as a carpenter although he subsequently went to college to get his City and Guilds at the ripe old age of 37. I think other people have said the employee ref is the most important thing and our agent told us to put the training in chronological order.
For example "during the 1st year of training xxxx was taught xxxx.

We did spend months getting it right and got a positive TRA assessment in 8 days.

You'll need to write it like a Janet and John book and every detail no matter how small should be included
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:44 am
Just Joined

baileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura about

Most of information we supplied was for question 7. Basically you have to describe every detail of your job, tools used, how often duties are perormed etc. We ended up with 5 pages of info for question 7.

If it helps, I can email you what we sent to give you an idea of what to put.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:36 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Karen & Mark
Go Matilda told us that no detail is too small, no matter unimportant you think it is. We couldn't believe the amount of detail they wanted - it sounded like we were repeating ourselves over and over again, but seemed to be what they wanted. (ie, Mark had to list everything he'd done over the last 15-20 years. working for companies that no longer exist, and try to prove it with references!)
we did our tra ourselves and you wouldn't believe how much info i put in the secondtime .... yes we failed first time through lack of info ... the second application weighed in at a whopping 2.5kg basically stating and restating everthing that i had done since leaving school in 85 ... including references letters from companies house for ones that no longer exsisted letters from companies stating that although i worked for them they didn't hold records for longer than x amount of years... plenty of stat decs ...thank god we have a friend who is a solicitor ...... and references just basically stating everything i did .... what the tra are basically after is you proving your training in stages as you progress over the years ....with work experience too
i fail my tra first time because ..although they classed me as a head chef i hadn't put in enough info to say i had trained as a commis chef/trainee basically and progressed from there ... hope you have some luck for the future and we are going to the gold coast hopefully the end of may
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
we did our tra ourselves and you wouldn't believe how much info i put in the secondtime .... yes we failed first time through lack of info ... the second application weighed in at a whopping 2.5kg basically stating and restating everthing that i had done since leaving school in 85 ... including references letters from companies house for ones that no longer exsisted letters from companies stating that although i worked for them they didn't hold records for longer than x amount of years... plenty of stat decs ...thank god we have a friend who is a solicitor ...... and references just basically stating everything i did .... what the tra are basically after is you proving your training in stages as you progress over the years ....with work experience too
i fail my tra first time because ..although they classed me as a head chef i hadn't put in enough info to say i had trained as a commis chef/trainee basically and progressed from there ... hope you have some luck for the future and we are going to the gold coast hopefully the end of may
thats exactly what happened to us.husband was able to prove that he was a head chef but not commis.thankfully we passed second time,it seems ages ago now.x irishbloo
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:35 am
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by baileysgirl
Most of information we supplied was for question 7. Basically you have to describe every detail of your job, tools used, how often duties are perormed etc. We ended up with 5 pages of info for question 7.

If it helps, I can email you what we sent to give you an idea of what to put.
that would be great cheers.i have done 4 pages for no7 and will also get copies from manuals we use at work plus i may get some photos of the printing presses to put in.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:37 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by irishbloo
thats exactly what happened to us.husband was able to prove that he was a head chef but not commis.thankfully we passed second time,it seems ages ago now.x irishbloo
same here ...glad it is all over now ..... we will be out there soon ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.