TRA Help

Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:23 am
Account Closed

miamunchkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA Help

Can anyone help in regards to help with TRA application?
My partner and I applied to have his skills tested under the Joinery / Carpenter classification. It took us months to collate all the info together. Received a declined letter a week after submission saying not enough info supplied and that my partner could be classed under joiner, joiner & carpenter and cabinet-maker. We thought his wide range of skills was a good thing but it seems to have gone against us. After calling them up, they say to provide more evidence of every tool, task and process he has used in his trade and to provide even more stat dec’s declaring this. Is this standard? Some of the companies he worked for have gone into liquidation and we have to try and get old payslips and bank statements to prove he worked for them.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Help

Originally Posted by miamunchkin
My partner and I applied to have his skills tested under the Joinery / Carpenter classification. It took us months to collate all the info together. Received a declined letter a week after submission saying not enough info supplied and that my partner could be classed under joiner, joiner & carpenter and cabinet-maker. We thought his wide range of skills was a good thing but it seems to have gone against us. After calling them up, they say to provide more evidence of every tool, task and process he has used in his trade and to provide even more stat dec’s declaring this. Is this standard? Some of the companies he worked for have gone into liquidation and we have to try and get old payslips and bank statements to prove he worked for them.
hi there ,this is correct.you have to list all the tools that your husband uses.he has to go to great lengths telling the tra what he can do and what tool he uses etc.he does have to get a stat to say that he did work in such a place but that they no longer exist.the tra can be tough to do but it has to be done.dont give up,try again or get an agent but you still have to do alot. irishbloo i should be in bed but cant sleep
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

This happens a lot, my hubby had to provide stat declarations, because the gas board changed to Transco. he had to get references from companies he had done work for and supplied him with materials. It is daunting, but it has to be done, good luck
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:37 am
Just Joined

scuttle is an unknown quantity at this point

I also went through this, i had worked for companies that went bust, i got round it by getting people i worked with at the companies that went bust to write a letter saying that they worked with me and described what i did there. They won't accept personal letters though, only company headed letters, which can be a pain, but it has to be done if your want to work in Aus as a trades person. Good luck.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

look up all my old posts i am a plasterer but it will give you a good idea
pm me your e mail and i will send you some templates of the best way to set thing out. i hope this helps.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

To get a list of tools used I sat down with a suppliers cataloge (ie RS, Farnell, screw fix) and just flicked thru' the pages picking out the tools I've used. I also wrote a couple of pages on three significant jobs I had done with references from suppliers, as you would in your apprenticeship logbook. I also gave them a couple of pages on types of equipment worked on and sites with special requirements such as pharmaceutical / chemical sites to show what sort of training I had passed to work on these sites.I think I went a bit too far with some of the info I gave them , but I passed the TRA in 4 weeks....better too much than not enough!!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:20 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by john_w
To get a list of tools used I sat down with a suppliers cataloge (ie RS, Farnell, screw fix) and just flicked thru' the pages picking out the tools I've used. I also wrote a couple of pages on three significant jobs I had done with references from suppliers, as you would in your apprenticeship logbook. I also gave them a couple of pages on types of equipment worked on and sites with special requirements such as pharmaceutical / chemical sites to show what sort of training I had passed to work on these sites.I think I went a bit too far with some of the info I gave them , but I passed the TRA in 4 weeks....better too much than not enough!!
I'm going through the tra thing now,I didn't do an apprenatship as I couldn't get one but have been in enginnering for 22 years.Yesterday i photocopied 124 pages of docs relating to my qualifications from work.nvqs school yts papers etc etc do I have to send all this you think or just the end bits with signatures to say I passed as well as copies of all the certificates,do I also really need to list every tool etc I use,it'll take a year to write it all down! also my old companies that i worked for are all gone now,what do you do there then? have worked now with current employer for 15 years! do I also have to get all these photo copies signed by jp or policeman etc???
Worried now! :scared:
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I'm going through the tra thing now,I didn't do an apprenatship as I couldn't get one but have been in enginnering for 22 years.Yesterday i photocopied 124 pages of docs relating to my qualifications from work.nvqs school yts papers etc etc do I have to send all this you think or just the end bits with signatures to say I passed as well as copies of all the certificates,
Worried now! :scared:
I got copies of certificates for courses completed.You have to hand your original documents to the person who is going to photocopy them and certify them for you. Yes they must sign each copy and state it to be a true copy....bit of advice , get them to do at least two copies of each form because they ask for the same certified copies on the next stage of immigration
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

I am in a simialar position to some of you guys. i have worked as a landscape Gardender for 10 years, no formal appret, no yts. i have started a document listing all the training i have covered listing as may tools as i can think i have come into contact with. i have also contacted commerical site's we have done work for to get a refernec of the work we have done, one of the difficult things is lots of the work i have done is at people's home's. No company headed paper just testimonies from home owners. not sure how i will do but i will be as comprehensive as possible.

best luck to all applicants
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:37 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rich8509
I am in a simialar position to some of you guys. i have worked as a landscape Gardender for 10 years, no formal appret, no yts. i have started a document listing all the training i have covered listing as may tools as i can think i have come into contact with. i have also contacted commerical site's we have done work for to get a refernec of the work we have done, one of the difficult things is lots of the work i have done is at people's home's. No company headed paper just testimonies from home owners. not sure how i will do but i will be as comprehensive as possible.

best luck to all applicants
Would you send all these papers which list the details of every part of an nvq or do you think that naming/listing tools etc will be enough.
The photo copying was done with the person whos gpoing to sign it all but not sure what to send? The end of every part of the nvq is sined off by the colledge etc but the papers before list what the actual section passed involved .this is a lot of paperwork but could save me writing it all down,could I say on the tra"please see attached sheets " or something along those lines???
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

Would you send all these papers which list the details of every part of an nvq or do you think that naming/listing tools etc will be enough.
The photo copying was done with the person whos gpoing to sign it all but not sure what to send? The end of every part of the nvq is sined off by the colledge etc but the papers before list what the actual section passed involved .this is a lot of paperwork but could save me writing it all down,could I say on the tra"please see attached sheets " or something along those lines???
i am no expert i am affaid and would not like to lead you down the wrong path, however i would imagine that photo copies of the original cert plus a list of the tools used and tasks undertaken in the application form would be a minimum, plus in your references it must state the tools used and position held. Please stand me corrected if i am off track.

on a differnt subject i am also rugby mad and looking forward to the 50 point victory this afternoon, well as long as we create in mid field and don't continue to attack a blindside that couldn't fit sheridans shoulders in it.

best of luck with the app.
Rich
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:55 am
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by rich8509
i am no expert i am affaid and would not like to lead you down the wrong path, however i would imagine that photo copies of the original cert plus a list of the tools used and tasks undertaken in the application form would be a minimum, plus in your references it must state the tools used and position held. Please stand me corrected if i am off track.

on a differnt subject i am also rugby mad and looking forward to the 50 point victory this afternoon, well as long as we create in mid field and don't continue to attack a blindside that couldn't fit sheridans shoulders in it.

best of luck with the app.
Rich
thanks for that.I'm sure others will bring something to this topic over the next day or so.As for the rugby,i'm off in an hour or so to play! at 37 perhaps not the best idea but hey ho,not played since may (on tour) so good for 20 mins max at loosehead! hope to come through unscathed! As for England.should be a walkover,i'll not see it but would hope that sherry and sanderson have another good game.Corry is fantastic captain,true leader.Moody playing well all over the park just not sure about ellis and a couple of the girls at the back! Tindall has not impressed me yet,lack of match fitness so he can only get better!!
Anyway
Cheers
for the info
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=rugbymad]I'm going through the tra thing now,I didn't do an apprenatship as I couldn't get one but have been in enginnering for 22 years.

hi rugbymad just curios what type of engineering are you in.
latona
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:21 pm
Running on the spot.

[QUOTE=Latona]
I'm going through the tra thing now,I didn't do an apprenatship as I couldn't get one but have been in enginnering for 22 years.

hi rugbymad just curios what type of engineering are you in.
latona
Hi,
Aircraft parts.I'm a machinist for the major manufacturer of aircraft wings in europe.
Pm me if you'd like a chat,it may take a while for me to get back to you as i'm on shifts!!

Last edited by rugbymad; Nov 26th 2005 at 4:29 pm.