tra help

Old Jan 12th 2004, 4:34 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tra help

Hi,
Please could someone out their help me Iam completing the forms for my trade assesment and it states not to send original documents and that all documents must be certified.

Firstly does this include my verifiable statements from my previous employers?

Secondly could someone give me an exaple of what should be written with regardes to the certification.

I know a policeman who is willing to do the certification for me but he is unsure what to put.

Thanks ChrisG
Old Jan 12th 2004, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya it depends on what trade you are if its electrical or on those lines my hubbie will be only too pleased to help you...

Good luck if its not that there many others on here that are willing to help...

Kath
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:04 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

I have recently had my skills assessment approved by TRA. I got the husband of my wife's friend (who is a solicitor) to verify my documents. If I remember rightly, he put his name and position, the date and something on the lines of "I confirm that this is a true copy of the original document", followed by a signature. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:05 pm
pools mad

Hi Thanks for the reply, Iam a mechanical fitter by trade and Iam a bit confused what order to do things in so I have started to fill in the TRA form in first but got confused on the certification part.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:07 pm
pools mad

Originally posted by Carl B
I have recently had my skills assessment approved by TRA. I got the husband of my wife's friend (who is a solicitor) to verify my documents. If I remember rightly, he put his name and position, the date and something on the lines of "I confirm that this is a true copy of the original document", followed by a signature. Hope this helps.

Thaks for the reply
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi..chris..
can mail you a copy of my chef references to give you an idea of the kind of thing they are looking for at TRA..Pm me if u like

scott
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:57 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: tra help

Hi Chris
My husband (Business mechanic) got refused on his first assessment because they hadn't got enough information. My advice is to send a certified copies of all your certificates, cert. copies of your references (if you can't get them then the tax office can supply a list of who you worked and paid tax to) and also a statement basically detailing the kind of work you do, equipment you use etc. Basically the info you send the TRA gets looked at by one bloke and if he 'fails' you because of insufficient info the next time you apply (and pay again!) a different bloke will look at it and re-assess to keep it fair. They are quite helpful if you ring them up and ask them questions. Hope this helps just remember that whatever you send them get a certified copy, ring round solicitiors as we found one who does a stat. dec. for £5 and 50p per stamping of a document....
Carl's right about what needs to be written by the way.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:09 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chrisg28
Hi,
Please could someone out their help me Iam completing the forms for my trade assesment and it states not to send original documents and that all documents must be certified.

Firstly does this include my verifiable statements from my previous employers?

Secondly could someone give me an exaple of what should be written with regardes to the certification.

I know a policeman who is willing to do the certification for me but he is unsure what to put.

Thanks ChrisG
hi there chris yes you need all employer statements certified and if there are some firms for which you have worked and can`t obtain statements you have to provide a personal statement (affadavit) with some form of proof wage slips etc secondly a friend of mine certified my docs (solicitor) and they used a stamp (true copy of original blah blah blah and signed and dated them) good luck hope this helps
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:45 pm
pools mad

Originally posted by rob&lucy
Hi Chris
My husband (Business mechanic) got refused on his first assessment because they hadn't got enough information. My advice is to send a certified copies of all your certificates, cert. copies of your references (if you can't get them then the tax office can supply a list of who you worked and paid tax to) and also a statement basically detailing the kind of work you do, equipment you use etc. Basically the info you send the TRA gets looked at by one bloke and if he 'fails' you because of insufficient info the next time you apply (and pay again!) a different bloke will look at it and re-assess to keep it fair. They are quite helpful if you ring them up and ask them questions. Hope this helps just remember that whatever you send them get a certified copy, ring round solicitiors as we found one who does a stat. dec. for £5 and 50p per stamping of a document....
Carl's right about what needs to be written by the way.
Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:46 pm
pools mad

Originally posted by wengerboy
hi there chris yes you need all employer statements certified and if there are some firms for which you have worked and can`t obtain statements you have to provide a personal statement (affadavit) with some form of proof wage slips etc secondly a friend of mine certified my docs (solicitor) and they used a stamp (true copy of original blah blah blah and signed and dated them) good luck hope this helps

Yes thanks for the help