Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is the tra the hardest part

is the tra the hardest part

Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:02 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default is the tra the hardest part

after just putting in my tra this week,if that is passed is that the hardest part of the application.what else is a factor that people get turned down on?

we are all in good health and have no convictions.what else do they turn you down on?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:09 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is the tra the hardest part

Originally Posted by aston man
after just putting in my tra this week,if that is passed is that the hardest part of the application.what else is a factor that people get turned down on?

we are all in good health and have no convictions.what else do they turn you down on?
when we first started down the road of Oz we had an agent give us a call........and she said summat like the TRA is all about writing and the VISA is all about the money, i said what do you mean she said " Well with the TRA you seem to be writing for ever and with the VISA you just seem to be spending lots of money"
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

I would definitely say that the TRA is the hardest part. We didn't use an agent, and I'm no expert, but I would have thought that if you pass the TRA, have the got the requisite points, are healthy and have no convictions, you should be fine.

We've been here 2 weeks now and loving it. It's well worth the effort. Good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Selling the House !!!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 9:20 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by majortom
Selling the House !!!!!!!
Yeah, tra and selling the house are about equal I`d say!

Tracey x
Old Aug 10th 2006, 9:52 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you duplicate everything you send to the TRA and keep a copy as when you finally make it here you still need to jump through hoops to gain your trade licence. Mine took 7 long months to come through, makes the TRA seem like a doddle.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:27 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Yeh, the TRA at the time is very hard and seems so stressfull but you just wait until you get your visa all done and then you think its all over, but things have just started!! Selling the house and trying to time things right is by far the most stressfull and annoying!!! good luck, pete
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

TRA was definately the hardest part for us, hell of a lot of hard work and frustrations, waiting for people to return references that wern't correct, hours on the pc etc. after that just the waiting really and of course the spending!

Sally
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We are doing the TRA at the moment and it is really difficult at times. It seems to be quite stressful and a bit of a nightmare. We are not at the stage of actually applying for the visa but we get the impression that this is a lot easier.

I'm sure there are other things like selling the house and getting trade licences that are also really hard but we haven't got to that yet.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:15 pm

tjluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Just make sure you duplicate everything you send to the TRA and keep a copy as when you finally make it here you still need to jump through hoops to gain your trade licence. Mine took 7 long months to come through, makes the TRA seem like a doddle.
HI NEW ON THIS SITE AND JUST BEEN DOING A LITTLE CATCHING UP WHAT IS YOUR TRADE AND WHERE ABOUTS IN OZ ARE YOU
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:21 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tjluke
HI NEW ON THIS SITE AND JUST BEEN DOING A LITTLE CATCHING UP WHAT IS YOUR TRADE AND WHERE ABOUTS IN OZ ARE YOU

Sssh take your caps off.

i am a time served toolmaker in the UK, and when we did my TRA we left it blank for them to decide and lo and behold they classed me as a toolmaker.

they could have put me in as a first class machinist but i am glad they didnt i know lots about allsorts.