Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA confirmation of receipt - now how long?

TRA confirmation of receipt - now how long?

Old Nov 29th 2003, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Question TRA confirmation of receipt - now how long?

Hi All, some positive info required - please!
On 15th Oct posted hubbies TRA papers registered post.
This morning postman brings our confirmation of reciept letter Was i nieve in thinking it would come sooner?
Now i am wondering how long we will have to wait for result.
The letter was dated 21 November, posted 24 Nov, so the post from Oz to here was v good.
So where has it been for the the last few weeks?
We paid the fast track fee $500 and I had hoped/assumed to hear result before xmas.
Do you think / know, if the wait has only really began since 21 November?
I never thought I would get into the 'waiting for the postman' syndrome so early on in the process, dread to think what it / I wil be like as we go further.
When I look out the window and it's only 2.30pm its cold, wet, dark and miserable outside I want to believe that it is a real possibility that this time next year I will be in Oz - i live in hope!
Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2003, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA confirmation of receipt - now how long?

Originally posted by johnkay
This morning postman brings our confirmation of reciept letter Was i nieve in thinking it would come sooner?
The letter was dated 21 November, posted 24 Nov, so the post from Oz to here was v good.
We paid the fast track fee $500 and I had hoped/assumed to hear result before xmas.
I never thought I would get into the 'waiting for the postman' syndrome so early on in the process, dread to think what it / I wil be like as we go further.
When I look out the window and it's only 2.30pm its cold, wet, dark and miserable outside I want to believe that it is a real possibility that this time next year I will be in Oz - i live in hope!
Thanks
Hi Great news!
Dont be down as I got my classification exactly 1 week from receiving my acknowledgement so start preparing the visa now!
Old Nov 29th 2003, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Dicko
Hi Great news!
Dont be down as I got my classification exactly 1 week from receiving my acknowledgement so start preparing the visa now!
Thanks Dicko for your reply - really good to hear.Congrats to you.
You do realise however that you have now given me good reason to be on 'Postman Alert' - I'm not sad just eager!
Old Nov 29th 2003, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

phillip knapp is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnkay

I sent mine of last week of March 2001 and had application completed on 5th June 2001 and that was not fast track.
It was the main application that took the time, went in on first week of July 2001 and then we recieved our visas on March 2003. Not sure on processing time know.
Went out to Aus back in June had a good look round and looks like we are going to Perth next year , thats if we sell the house.

I hope the processing time is shorter.

Phillip.