Tra

Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:56 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tra

Originally posted by possoms
Hi

We wer'nt given the option we are using OE emigration agents and they asked for £200 plus £25 banking fee no mention of a priority TRA

Kay
p.s DOH just realised $500 is about £200 right??
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We wer'nt given the option we are using OE emigration agents and they asked for £200 plus £25 banking fee no mention of a priority TRA

Kay

that price would convert at the priority rate, may be worth just calling them to confirm that they have lodged it as such.

jacko 1 - you may have to change your name to quick draw mcgraw (is it mcgraw - i am never sure??!)
Old Jul 19th 2004, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi

Kay
hello possoms...(nice choice of name by the way), if you go to the immigration forum my other half posted a thread "yet another tra question", with a few responses including one from George Lombard. we're also using OE and weren't given option,but have paid for priority. But as my other half points out if we'd been given option, we would have gone for the quicker one, (not the point I know). our 3 months was up a few days ago, but our agent was on holiday so we had to e-mail her at weekend to see if there was any news. Today I'm sure she'll be busy however like all her other clients, we're hanging on for any info she can throw our way. As an aside, have you thought OE as quite good, just curious. We live in Edinburgh part of the reason we chose them was they had an office based here. However, the person who was in charge of our file, left for NZ I think, and the new person is based in their Sweden office So every time we have to phone her we have to phone Sweden Hope you hear soon, post a thread if you do. logan
Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

i am a bit confused (easily done)

so you have paid enough for a priority application but the agents just send it non-priority?

i would not be a happy bunny with this, if it has gone non-priority there is no point chasing them for info for about another 3 months!!! surely they should discuss this with you and offer you costings for either option??!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default RE TRA

Hi jjl family here,

Our tra took exactly 15 weeks and 3 days

(it was the longest 15 weeks of our lives)

it came back positive . now its the 50 week wait.

am sure it will be worth it in the end.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:10 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

hi we are using oe and paid the £200 but i did ask at the initial interwiew and they said it was priorty and it would take around 3 months im not sure they even use the standerd service
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:15 am

Originally posted by logan
hello possoms...(nice choice of name by the way), if you go to the immigration forum my other half posted a thread "yet another tra question", with a few responses including one from George Lombard. we're also using OE and weren't given option,but have paid for priority. But as my other half points out if we'd been given option, we would have gone for the quicker one, (not the point I know). our 3 months was up a few days ago, but our agent was on holiday so we had to e-mail her at weekend to see if there was any news. Today I'm sure she'll be busy however like all her other clients, we're hanging on for any info she can throw our way. As an aside, have you thought OE as quite good, just curious. We live in Edinburgh part of the reason we chose them was they had an office based here. However, the person who was in charge of our file, left for NZ I think, and the new person is based in their Sweden office So every time we have to phone her we have to phone Sweden Hope you hear soon, post a thread if you do. logan
Hi Logan

Well I'm trying to be positive about OE we used them cos they are based in Manchester not that far from us although after the inital interview they transferred our case to Edinburgh! however the girl we were assigned to left whilst we were on holiday without telling us!! we had sent our TRA to her before we went away she was supossed to check it out and contact us on our return to give us the o.k before submitting it however no phone call no e-mail no letter (just the receipt for the money!!) so i rang to find she had left and the TRA had been submitted whilst we were away i asked if it was o.k they said yes i think so so fingers crossed. I'm not happy though because we only have one chance as Colin is 45
next may.

OE told us no cases are assigned to one person anymore and that we can contact anyone to discuss our case!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi Logan

Well I'm trying to be positive about OE we used them cos they are based in Manchester not that far from us although after the inital interview they transferred our case to Edinburgh! however the girl we were assigned to left whilst we were on holiday without telling us!! we had sent our TRA to her before we went away she was supossed to check it out and contact us on our return to give us the o.k before submitting it however no phone call no e-mail no letter (just the receipt for the money!!) so i rang to find she had left and the TRA had been submitted whilst we were away i asked if it was o.k they said yes i think so so fingers crossed. I'm not happy though because we only have one chance as Colin is 45
next may.

OE told us no cases are assigned to one person anymore and that we can contact anyone to discuss our case!
Hi Possoms

Thanks for your reply, it confirms my suspicions that OE are not as organised as I'd hoped. I'm not surprised the girl left Edinburgh though...we've has a rubbish summer!! She's probably whipped out her Aussie passport and gone home....just like that.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 9:30 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by logan
Hi Possoms

Thanks for your reply, it confirms my suspicions that OE are not as organised as I'd hoped. I'm not surprised the girl left Edinburgh though...we've has a rubbish summer!! She's probably whipped out her Aussie passport and gone home....just like that.
Welcome to the Forum Possums!

As long as the agent you are using are registered, if you are unhappy about the service they are providing you can complain. We are using an agent based in London, and probably wouldn't have used them with hindsight. We have been waiting 8 months for the TRA as we have failed once, not our fault agent lodged wrong paperwork, so they paid for the appeal. Has been nearly 14 weeks so far, but could be another 14.

Hang in there, the TRA seem to be really slow, the waiting is a pain in the ass, but it is worth it in the end (so I am told)!
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:35 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

My TRA took three weeks. Or four weeks including the postage.

I paid the extra to have it 'fast tracked'. I did not go near an agent.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:06 am

Originally posted by Lucyemma5
Welcome to the Forum Possums!

As long as the agent you are using are registered, if you are unhappy about the service they are providing you can complain. We are using an agent based in London, and probably wouldn't have used them with hindsight. We have been waiting 8 months for the TRA as we have failed once, not our fault agent lodged wrong paperwork, so they paid for the appeal. Has been nearly 14 weeks so far, but could be another 14.

Hang in there, the TRA seem to be really slow, the waiting is a pain in the ass, but it is worth it in the end (so I am told)!
HI

OMG 8 months :scared: Colin is 45 next may we won't be able to send our DIMIA in time if TRA takes that long!!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:44 am
Professional Princess

We were worried about using an agent but made contact with Alan at Go Matilda about a year and a half ago.

I met Alan at Sandown Racecourse this year for the Emigrate Show.

The thing I noticed about his company was they were about the only ones who werent getting you to fill in 'competition's which resulted in contact via an agent for points tests.

He and his colleague just answered queries and answered all of our questions and were busy all day helping people but not touting for business.

I havent heard anything bad about the company and from what I can gather, the guy who does the TRA part of the application who works with Alan, really knows his stuff.

Alan always takes time to answer queries on his site and his staff always contact you when they say.

So whilst some people do the whole thing without an agent, we couldnt and based on the service we have received so far with Go Matilda, I and many others would recommend them.

What I would say, if you are in any doubts as to whether your case is being handled correctly, as you say, for some of us, this is our only chance, speak to your agent and ask questions.

At the end of the day, it's your money you are paying them with and ultimately, your future.