Toyota Surf?

Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough
Default Toyota Surf?

Got a mitsubushi warrior in the UK and am thinking about getting a Toyota Surf when I get to Brisbane. Anyone got one or had one able to tell me if they are any good or your experiences?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:08 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toyota Surf?

Originally Posted by devilishdean
Got a mitsubushi warrior in the UK and am thinking about getting a Toyota Surf when I get to Brisbane. Anyone got one or had one able to tell me if they are any good or your experiences?
In all honesty?

They are spot on mate! Really good cars! Built well, great drive and have the legendary Hilux reliability!

You could do a helluva lot worse!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

Good cos I love my warrior but I havent seen any on the websites, so thought the surf was a good looking alternative. Thanks

Ps If you see one upside down in the mud think of me.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Nissan Navara can tow 750kg more than a surf, a big consideration for us and when test driving the both of them, must confess the Nissan, to all my surprise, was the better of the two. Oh - and cheaper since they offer a fleet discount of 3k to all business buyers with an ABN (australian business number).
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:45 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the landcruiser the one to have in oz? was all i saw more or less on the farms i worked on over there a few years back

EDIT...
here's a couple on ebay, don't know what kind you looking at...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1994-Toyota-L...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-LANDCR...QQcmdZViewItem

Hired one of the prado jobbies to go over to fraser island, top motor

Last edited by Bello; Apr 4th 2007 at 8:50 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

My warrior is only 12 months old but when I get to Oz I am hoping to live mortgage free so I will setle for an older model. Thats why I was looking at the Surf beause 12k seems to buy you a reasonable one.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:03 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

My warrior is only 12 months old but when I get to Oz I am hoping to live mortgage free so I will setle for an older model. Thats why I was looking at the Surf beause 12k seems to buy you a reasonable one.
Which ever one you go for - your buying for yourself not other folk.

We have a landcruiser because its right for us. I have also owned a nissan navara and loved it. A hilux or mitzi I would take in a flash but they again don't suit my personal family needs/requirements.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:04 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

The surfs are a nice motor, the only thing that puts me off them is the engine options 2.4 diesel td, 3 litre v6 petrol, 2.2 petrol etc when there's all those miles to soak up in such a big country..

hmmm 4.2 litre diesel landcruiser... honestly i'm not a landcruiser sales man lol
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

What kind of prices do the land cruisers fetch then?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:11 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_v...s=&year=&body=

I think a decent used 4.2 turbo diesel is what you call "hens teeth"? We found the range was between $65 and $75K for a 3 year old. Not sure about 5 to 7 or even 10 year old. Hopefully above link may give you some options.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:12 pm

Have a nosey on www.ebay.com.au or http://www.autotrader.com.au/browse-auto/Automotive/

Tons on both sites and should give you a good idea, they do tend to hold their value quite well since they're so popular out there.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks alot will have a good snoop round and see what my money can buy me.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:18 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

The Toyota Surf was the first car we had when we got here, it ended it's days when the hand break failed on a steep drive way lol

But other then that we didn't have any issues with it.

The Surf is a gray import so insurance maybe a little more, I think the Oz version is called the 4 runner.

Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I drive a manual 3 litre Turbo Diesel Surf with the reg. "3 Legs" & she's a beast.

Great cars & the birds love the fact that they take a full sized double mattress in the back

Don't buy the 2.4 auto petrol ... you are asking for trouble come 200K kms.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Happy hunting.

Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

petrol dont swear at me !!! I only buy chip fat for my motoring..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.