Reload this Page >

townsville vs sunshine coast

townsville vs sunshine coast

Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

smog73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default townsville vs sunshine coast

Hi
we are considering moving to queensland and would like some advice. we lived in townsville 9yrs ago for 1 year andhad a great time, we then moved back to uk so i could finish my gp training but have always harboured an idea to return one day. now is prob the right time (better late than never!). looking at jobs there are lots on the sunshine coast and we are now tempted to try something different We are aware townsville has changed in 9yrs but would like advice on both. (we didnt manage to even visit sc in the year we were in north queensland-seemed to go everywhere else).
thanks
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: townsville vs sunshine coast

hi there
not sure if this is a possibility but you could always move back to tsv and once you've got setlled perhaps when you've got settled look into the whole sc idea more deeply. this way you get the benefit of moving somewhere that you lived before and also you can spend more time actually researching what part of the sc you want to live in.

It's only an idea and there are def more people on this site who can give you better advice than that!

trice
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine Coast vote from me, loads of work about, lovely beaches and an easy drive to Brisbane.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:35 am
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of

We're enjoying Townsville and it's a pretty easy place to settle into. I am an ObGyn at the local hospital - get in touch if you have any questions or when you arrive!

Cheers,
Danny

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...32#post6092232
http://dannytucker.smugmug.com/keyword/townsville

Originally Posted by smog73
Hi
we are considering moving to queensland and would like some advice. we lived in townsville 9yrs ago for 1 year andhad a great time, we then moved back to uk so i could finish my gp training but have always harboured an idea to return one day. now is prob the right time (better late than never!). looking at jobs there are lots on the sunshine coast and we are now tempted to try something different We are aware townsville has changed in 9yrs but would like advice on both. (we didnt manage to even visit sc in the year we were in north queensland-seemed to go everywhere else).
thanks