Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville and Rockhampton - any opinions

Wikiposts

Townsville and Rockhampton - any opinions

Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Townsville and Rockhampton - any opinions

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Sarina is half an hour south of Mackay. It smells awful during the crush (ethanol refinery). The nearest salt works are at Bowen. The nearest coal mine to Mackay is 2-3 hours away
Can't remember what I saw then!!! What was the place near the harbour? Looked like a salt place to me???? We did notice the smell, but thought it was the mud flats. Didn't realise it was that. We drove via Proserpine down the unsealed tracks through the sugar cane. Not quite sure about Proserpine, looked a lot nicer on the net!!! We went up the east coast in 2004 so a lot of it could well have been developed by now. To us areas we liked were Cannonvale, Mackay, Bowen (offered job there didn't take it) plus another place begining with S! We've always said that if we hadn't have settled here, we'd have gone up to Cannonvale. It all depends on jobs tho!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Can't remember what I saw then!!! What was the place near the harbour? Looked like a salt place to me???? We did notice the smell, but thought it was the mud flats. Didn't realise it was that. We drove via Proserpine down the unsealed tracks through the sugar cane. Not quite sure about Proserpine, looked a lot nicer on the net!!! We went up the east coast in 2004 so a lot of it could well have been developed by now. To us areas we liked were Cannonvale, Mackay, Bowen (offered job there didn't take it) plus another place begining with S! We've always said that if we hadn't have settled here, we'd have gone up to Cannonvale. It all depends on jobs tho!
sorry not sarina salonika beach, sarina was the ok one
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Hello from Townsville

We moved here in October 2005 and have experienced a summer and are enduring the rigors of a tropical winter right now No problems at all and we come from SE London.

Having been right up the coast we chose Townsville because of it's mix of laid back tropical lifestyle and work opportunities. On average (and I mean average) a 850 sq m block of cleared land with services will set you back 100-$140K + a house at around $165-200K

Take a look at my other posts as there are rundowns of each district and Townsville a whole.

As for there being no beach we have just been walking the dog on this imaginary one
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Townsville beach.bmp (701.7 KB, 81 views)