Reload this Page >

Townsville - Jobs? Lifestyle?

Townsville - Jobs? Lifestyle?

Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

QLDJo will become famous soon enough
Default Townsville - Jobs? Lifestyle?

Hi,
We're planning on selling our house and moving to Townsville, could anyone who's lived there or still lives there advice best places to buy. We need something with more then 2 acres as have horses, dogs, kids ect. don't want to spend more then $600K. would love to be able to go riding in all those national parks that you can see on google maps but just need to know which areas would be better to house hunt.
thanks
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Townsville - Jobs? Lifestyle?

Originally Posted by QLDJo
Hi,
We're planning on selling our house and moving to Townsville, could anyone who's lived there or still lives there advice best places to buy. We need something with more then 2 acres as have horses, dogs, kids ect. don't want to spend more then $600K. would love to be able to go riding in all those national parks that you can see on google maps but just need to know which areas would be better to house hunt.
thanks
Hi Jo, ur leaving us?!?!? Fine!!! I've some mates up that direction, I'll sort u out on FB, ok?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Jen,
yeh we're leaving, been here almost 2 years so's its time to move. brums out the army beg of April so want to get moved and him into a job of sorts ASAP.
I'll check FB out
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:31 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Jen,
yeh we're leaving, been here almost 2 years so's its time to move. brums out the army beg of April so want to get moved and him into a job of sorts ASAP.
I'll check FB out
Cool, in all honesty I don't blame u, we'd love to move somewhere else but have to wait til we're 'sent' lol
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:42 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
thanks
Hi Jo, for something with a bit of acreage there are a few areas....Kelso (can be a bit rough in places up towards the Ross River Dam but has heaps of horse loving people up there), Oak Valley (inland on the Charters Towers Road is green at the mo but can get very scrubby looking and dry when Townsville lives up to it's name Brownsville, I know of a block for sale up that way for $250k on something liek 20 acres but due tot the environmental lot you can only use say 5 acres of the land), Black River (up behind the Dairy Farmers stadium not a bad spot if you get a good block), Rangewood (up the Harvey Range Road about 15 mins out from a major shopping centre called Willows) this would be my preferred option, then you can go further South such as Aligators Creek, even down towards Ayr all depending on how far you want to travel to get to everyday things.

The reason I would prefer Rangewood as I know the school buses run up that way, it isn't too far out from everything but far enough away to have large blocks, is easily accessible to get onto the main highway and more on the north side of Townsville so it is closer to the national parks such as Paluma but I do believe you can get to Paluma via Hervey Range just don't ask me for directions lol.

Hope that helps and good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

hi,
Thanks for your reply, although my husband has now taken a job in darwin and he's already there waiting for us to move.

the decision was made for us really.

cheers again Jo