Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville coffee meet

Townsville coffee meet

Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:45 am
Just Joined

emmat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Townsville coffee meet

Hi there, moved to Townsville in January and enjoying the hot weather. I'm drdan's other half (looking after the kids while he swans about with a camera!) Great arriving from a Scottish Christmas with the parents. Haven't started work yet & wondered if anyone fancied meeting up for a coffee on the Strand?

Emma
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Townsville coffee meet

Originally Posted by emmat
Hi there, moved to Townsville in January and enjoying the hot weather. I'm drdan's other half (looking after the kids while he swans about with a camera!) Great arriving from a Scottish Christmas with the parents. Haven't started work yet & wondered if anyone fancied meeting up for a coffee on the Strand?

Emma
hi emma
we'd definitely be interested in meeting up but don't arrive till 12th may, if we miss this one def count us in for the next one
Patrice
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi Patrice,

No problem, it would be great to meet in May. Hope your journey isn't too bad.

see you then.

Best wishes

Emma.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Emma and Patrice

Im a newbie too arrived in Brisbane on 24th march and in Townsville on 30th march moved into a rental in Kirwan on wednesday id love to meet up with anyone from the area.

Suexx
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:45 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to meet for a coffee on the Strand but I'm flat out with my new job at the moment. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to Townsville.

Hopefully meet some or all of you soon
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The A Team
I'd love to meet for a coffee on the Strand but I'm flat out with my new job at the moment. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to Townsville.

Hopefully meet some or all of you soon
Just replied to pm

Suexx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:03 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Am arriving in Townsville end of May, or thats the plan at the moment. So would love to meet some expats or a coffee.

Scott.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by suesk
Just replied to pm

Suexx
Hi Sue,

Lets meet up this week or next. I will pm you my phone number.

Em.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fejaouk
Am arriving in Townsville end of May, or thats the plan at the moment. So would love to meet some expats or a coffee.

Scott.
Hi Scott,

It looks like a few people will be arriving in May so lets try and meet up then.

Hope that everything goes well with your move.

Emma.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by emmat
Hi Sue,

Lets meet up this week or next. I will pm you my phone number.

Em.

Ive PMd u
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Karond is just really niceKarond is just really niceKarond is just really niceKarond is just really niceKarond is just really niceKarond is just really niceKarond is just really niceKarond is just really nice

We should be over in a couple of months. 457 visa received. We're in South Africa, but from Northamptonshire (6 yrs ago). I would love to meet up with Brits . Hubby's a fitter going to work at Swift . How do you all like it there? Thankfull of the aircon ? My kids are 11, 18 and 19. Eldest going to play soccer with Razorbacks.
Any info on Townsville would be appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you all
karon
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Hi Karon,

Keep in touch it would be great to meet up when you get here. We are enjoying it here especially now that it is not so humid and there is a bit of breeze. Have to say glad we have aircon it certainly makes things more pleasant. Went to mission beach/dunk island at the weekend which was beautiful and kids aged 7 and 10 had a ball.

Hope the move goes well.

Emma.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all

Hi everyone

I've been living here for two years in August and am still loving it. Always up for meeting new people.

Sara x

Ps A Team I loved the hair advert!
Old May 13th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

chrisclifton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, ive been in Townsville for about a month, im getting fed up with having no friends, i moved here to be with my girlfriend, shes a doctor and so works unfair hours, would love to meet up with fellow brits to chat and make friends with.

Thanks

Chris
Old May 14th 2008, 7:40 am
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of

Hi Sara & Chris,

I think Emma & Sue are going to sort something out for early June when other new people to Townsville will have arrived. It will be on a weekend so people can make it if they are working. Picnic on the Strand seems to be a popular idea.

Chris, where does your gf work? I am at the Townsville hospital. Sara - I heard that you do nights in ED, will look out for you next time I come in at stupid o'clock, as usually head up to birth suite or theatre via your department.

See ya,
Danny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.