Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville Bound

Townsville Bound

Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Townsville Bound

Well the visa has been granted, so Craig, Mandy and Ned are on our way. Booked the flights are ready to go, one question does anyone know a decent but inexpensive hotel we can book into for a night near to Brisbane airport, just for the night. Our flight gets in 7 30pm, so we want to get a little sleep before we set off for Townsville (home) in the morning.

Thanks,
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:16 am
Just Joined

T8HK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Townsville Bound

Congratulations, feels good doesn't it, having those golden tickets stuck in your passport.

As for hotels/motels near the airport we were looking at Pegasus Motor Inn http://www.pegasusmotorinn.com.au/ to have a bite to eat and possibly use their pool, (we're only in Brisbane for 5hrs). It looks quite nice and has all the facilities you could need for a one night stay. I think it's AUS$125/night which is quite reasonable.

What date are you arriving in Townsville, we are getting there on the 25th of Feb and will be staying for one month at the Mariners North.

We'll have to catch up for a coffee when you arrive.

Take care,

Amanda

Last edited by T8HK; Feb 15th 2007 at 3:34 am.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:55 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T8HK
Congratulations, feels good doesn't it, having those golden tickets stuck in your passport.

As for hotels/motels near the airport we were looking at Pegasus Motor Inn http://www.pegasusmotorinn.com.au/ to have a bite to eat and possibly use their pool, (we're only in Brisbane for 5hrs). It looks quite nice and has all the facilities you could need for a one night stay. I think it's AUS$125/night which is quite reasonable.

What date are you arriving in Townsville, we are getting there on the 25th of Feb and will be staying for one month at the Mariners North.

Take care,

Amanda
hi ya , i live in Townsville and going back to the uk for easter when i return i also need to stop in a over night hotel , the closest one to the airport is

formul one motel rates are cheap from $71.00 a night its very basic and only a 2 star but we don care its only to have a sleep .

formuleone.com.au or tel 07 38683457

congratulations and welcome to Townsville {when you get there}

take care kex x
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advise, and you kind words.

We will be getting to Townsville on 30th April, and are looking forward to meeting up

Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all

Take care,

Amanda
Are you coming over with IPA by any chance? We stayed at the Mariners for a month and had a great time. Let me know when you arrive and fancy a chat.

Sara x
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hello

Craig is a nurse and is working at the hospital, and the accomadation is arranged b the hospital for a cpl of months.

And it would be great to chat, thanks.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Hi Sara,

Who are IPA? We coming over with a Project Management company who have sponsored my hubbie for PR. It was originally going to be a 457 work visa but they thought it best to go for the PR visa straight away.

The Mariners looks great, we're really happy to be staying there as it looks very convenient for everything.

I'll certainly drop you a PM once we get there. Look forward to meeting up with as many people as possible.

Cheers

Amanda
Old Feb 16th 2007, 5:14 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sara,

Who are IPA? We coming over with a Project Management company who have sponsored my hubbie for PR. It was originally going to be a 457 work visa but they thought it best to go for the PR visa straight away.

The Mariners looks great, we're really happy to be staying there as it looks very convenient for everything.

I'll certainly drop you a PM once we get there. Look forward to meeting up with as many people as possible.

Cheers

Amanda
Hi Amanda

IPA are a recruitment agency and they deal with hiring all new employees for Townsville City Council. They tend to put new arrivals up in the Mariners. It's in a lovely location but you will need to hire or buy a car quite quickly as public transport is quite limited.

Good luck with your move
Old Feb 16th 2007, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The A Team
Hi Amanda

IPA are a recruitment agency and they deal with hiring all new employees for Townsville City Council. They tend to put new arrivals up in the Mariners. It's in a lovely location but you will need to hire or buy a car quite quickly as public transport is quite limited.

Good luck with your move
Thanks for the advice and kind words. My husband has sorted a rental car, although true to form he's picked the cheapest available which is the size of a postage stamp, tight sod! I'll have to work my charm on him when it comes to buying my car.

BTW, what's the weather like now. I heard you've had a lot of rain.

Cheers

Amanda
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:03 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice and kind words. My husband has sorted a rental car, although true to form he's picked the cheapest available which is the size of a postage stamp, tight sod! I'll have to work my charm on him when it comes to buying my car.

BTW, what's the weather like now. I heard you've had a lot of rain.

Cheers

Amanda
We're still having the odd shower but mainly it's sunny, hot and very sticky I hope your hire car has air-con as it's much more important than the size Most of the year Townsville has near perfect weather but the summers take a bit of getting used to. I love living here though and I'm sure you will too