townsville

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

sabrina is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink townsville

my fiancee and myself are in process of immigrating . we are planning to travel for about 3 months and then will settle somwhere. he has previously been to townsville and thought it was perfect for us. does anyone live there at moment? or recommend it ?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:06 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: townsville

I went to James Cook Uni in Townsville for a year and found it lovely, apart from the Summer, which is much hotter/more humid that Brisbane (where I'm from originally).... but it was nicely located for trips to Maggie Island etc...
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
I went to James Cook Uni in Townsville for a year and found it lovely, apart from the Summer, which is much hotter/more humid that Brisbane (where I'm from originally).... but it was nicely located for trips to Maggie Island etc...

so you would def recommend it? it does sound class. dont know about the heat though! just do not like any creature that has more legs than myself!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:31 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sabrina
so you would def recommend it? it does sound class. dont know about the heat though! just do not like any creature that has more legs than myself!
I would recommend taking a good look before committing yourself to living there.. it's best to do a reccie first, and see what other towns and cities have to offer along the Qld Coast before settling... I did like Townsville, but I'm not sure I could live there, think I would prefer Rockhampton, or Bundaberg.... but that's just me
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: townsville

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
I would recommend taking a good look before committing yourself to living there.. it's best to do a reccie first, and see what other towns and cities have to offer along the Qld Coast before settling... I did like Townsville, but I'm not sure I could live there, think I would prefer Rockhampton, or Bundaberg.... but that's just me

yeah will prob do that anyway! intend to travel for a while first. but would want to settle in a big town rather than a city! think am getting a bit too old for the city life! thanks for that.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

yeah will prob do that anyway! intend to travel for a while first. but would want to settle in a big town rather than a city! think am getting a bit too old for the city life! thanks for that.
Hi Sabrina ,
There is a few of us on here who are looking to go to Townsville, it does look lovely ive never been though.
Sonja
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi Sabrina ,
There is a few of us on here who are looking to go to Townsville, it does look lovely ive never been though.
Sonja
Nothing to do with townsville my comment is HOW MANY KIDS ARE YOU TAKING TO OZ I dont envy your flight bill.( Bet they are lovely tho)
To SonjaNTony.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Nothing to do with townsville my comment is HOW MANY KIDS ARE YOU TAKING TO OZ I dont envy your flight bill.( Bet they are lovely tho)
To SonjaNTony.
Hi Libby,
Just taking the five , and its going to cost a damn fortune
not looking forward to the flight at all :scared:
Went to america last year though and they were angels all the way

we are not defo going to Townsville we dont know where we are going but townsville is at top of the list at the moment cos it looks very child friendly
Sonja x
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi Sabrina ,
Sonja
It can get a bit warm there :scared:

I stopped there once and it was like walking around in a furnace.

G
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:38 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
It can get a bit warm there :scared:

I stopped there once and it was like walking around in a furnace.

G
We live here and love it been here 10 months now and would not go back to London for love nor money. Yep it does get hot and humid but its nowhere near as bad as Cairns or Darwin. If you lived further south you would pay for heating we pay for aircon so i guess it kind of evens out.There's loads to do here and you can escape to other cities without breaking the bank (like us heading to Melbourne for the Grand Prix). There are a few of us on here who have moved here and a few in the process of moving here. Do a search on Townsville and see what it brings up. If you want some more info then give us a PM. We don't have kids yet but some of the others do and they will be able to tell you about schools and stuff.
lucy
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
We live here and love it been here 10 months now and would not go back to London for love nor money. Yep it does get hot and humid but its nowhere near as bad as Cairns or Darwin. If you lived further south you would pay for heating we pay for aircon so i guess it kind of evens out.There's loads to do here and you can escape to other cities without breaking the bank (like us heading to Melbourne for the Grand Prix). There are a few of us on here who have moved here and a few in the process of moving here. Do a search on Townsville and see what it brings up. If you want some more info then give us a PM. We don't have kids yet but some of the others do and they will be able to tell you about schools and stuff.
lucy

thanks alot everyone for that! am getting mixed views but think the best thing to do would be to suss it out for myself! have any of you lot worked in the hospitals there?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:51 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
lucy
Hi there

Nice post. Plotting and scheming our return to Australia and looking at all options.

Being a cheeky person but what do you do for employment? Is the employment situation up there OK?

Also, house rentals, are there decent ones to be had?

Many thnaks
Merlot

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Merlot
Hi there

Nice post. Plotting and scheming our return to Australia and looking at all options.

Being a cheeky person but what do you do for employment? Is the employment situation up there OK?

Also, house rentals, are there decent ones to be had?

Many thnaks
Merlot

i am a nurse and the jobs there are plentiful! my fiancee is an engineer and ther is no problem for him either!
have spoken to a few people and accomodation is as cheap as chips!
you are just right trying toget back there. how do you intend doing it? legit or not?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:19 pm
Merlot

i am a nurse and the jobs there are plentiful! my fiancee is an engineer and ther is no problem for him either!
you are just right trying toget back there. how do you intend doing it? legit or not?
Thanks for your reply.

I was in Oz for 7 years, hubby 18 until March last year. Came back to spend time with my family.

Planning a return mid-2006 if we are able to get the pennies together and looking for something completely different as far as location. Both dual Citizens of Brit & Oz.

I am PA/Sec with may other skills, hubby currently a Retail Manager, has been Warehouse Manager & Customer Service Manager in past lives, again flexible with skills.

I have just looked at rentals up there on L J Hooker site, very cheap, will do some research on jobs & wages shortly.

Many thanks
Merlot

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sabrina,
What sort of engineer is your fiancee,my husband Tony is also an engineer hes been searching for a job in Townsville but hasnt come up with anything yet,trish who posts on here is a nurse( i think) she has got a job in the townsville hospital shes going out in july.
Sonja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.