Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Towns around brisbane

Wikiposts

Towns around brisbane

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Default Towns around brisbane

Hi im looking for advice on places to live outside of the city. I would like to live in a town close to the beach preferably with a hospital in it (as im a nurse) but not too small or remote.
Any opinion welcome as i cant afford a reccie!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Towns around brisbane

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi im looking for advice on places to live outside of the city. I would like to live in a town close to the beach preferably with a hospital in it (as im a nurse) but not too small or remote.
Any opinion welcome as i cant afford a reccie!

Your not alone. About 20mil others are looking for a similar lifestyle. Close to BrisVegas your choices are:
Redcliffe (non-surf beach)
Caboolture (on the way to the Sunshine Coast)
Sunshine Coast (surf)

Redlands (bayside or on the way to Gold Coast)
Logan (on the way to Gold Coast)

Briabane doesnt have surf beaches.

WW
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Your not alone. About 20mil others are looking for a similar lifestyle. Close to BrisVegas your choices are:
Redcliffe (non-surf beach)
Caboolture (on the way to the Sunshine Coast)
Sunshine Coast (surf)

Redlands (bayside or on the way to Gold Coast)
Logan (on the way to Gold Coast)

Briabane doesnt have surf beaches.

WW
Not many beaches in Logan either!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassie
Not many beaches in Logan either!
Never said it did. Has Hospital, far enough out of Brisbane (if that is possible in BrisVegas) and is on the way to the Gold Coast. Has a range of housing to suit all tastes (including those who seek living life on the edge).

WW
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:59 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

What about Northern NSW? Not as densely populated there, but definitely on the way. Kingscliffe, Pottsville and others. I wanted the same thing as you when I got back from the UK and needed to be near Brisbane as that's where my family are (and I have their grandchild, lol) and all these towns in northern NSW seemed to fit the bill. Also (Kingsliffe mainly) these towns are fairly close to Tweed Heads/Coollangatta - big, hospitals etc. Only 45mins from Kingscliffe to my Nan's house in Parkwood (in line with Southport on the GC). Half an hour if no traffic.

Mt Tamborine is another idea. Still not that far to the beach and more of a village lifestyle. Property expensive though.

Logan is not a small town. Nice big hospital but I couldn't recommend living there. What's that other place near there - Jacob's Well? Pimpama (might be dreaming on the names but as you travel from the Gold Coast to Bris there are a few odd little villages still out there in the boonies) Not really surfing beach - Kingscliffe is though. It's lovely. Developing too fast
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the Coastal towns in Northern NSW and SE Qld. are expensive....especially if they have a nice beach.

G