Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tow bar and electrics??

Tow bar and electrics??

Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

blondiefee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tow bar and electrics??

Info please - we plan to ship our Mitsubishi Barbarian (Triton) to Oz when we move - can anyone advise if the UK ball hitch and electrics are the same, or will we need to get these changed once there?
Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2013, 11:39 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tow bar and electrics??

Originally Posted by blondiefee View Post
Info please - we plan to ship our Mitsubishi Barbarian (Triton) to Oz when we move - can anyone advise if the UK ball hitch and electrics are the same, or will we need to get these changed once there?
Thanks
It's been a long time since I had a tow bar and electrics in the uk but I'm fairly sure the last one I had had a round pin connector efforty.. my tow bar here has a flat pin connector thingymajig. I think.

Round/flat pin as in the connector was round/flat, not the pins.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

thanks
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:50 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blondiefee View Post
Thanks
it is the same all you will need in oz is a adaptor to use from a round plug to a flat plug you can buy these very easy from repco etc in oz, so you can use any trailer that either uses round or flat plug
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trevski View Post
it is the same all you will need in oz is a adaptor to use from a round plug to a flat plug you can buy these very easy from repco etc in oz, so you can use any trailer that either uses round or flat plug
Trevski - that's brilliant - thanks so much