Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tours from perth to sydney

tours from perth to sydney

Old Nov 20th 2002, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

bltrmoun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tours from perth to sydney

I am looking to head out to Sydney in february to work for a year but was thinking of flying to perth a month earlier and travelling overland from perth to sydney with the intention of seeing most of Southern Australia.
I was wondering if it would be best to go on a organised tour or make my my own way by rail.
If anyone has travelled a similar route I would like to hear about it as well as any other information that anyone may feel is relevant to this trip.ie. must see's or cheap options? Will a month be long enough to take everything in?

Any information would be much appreciated. cheers!

Aussi virgin!
Old Nov 21st 2002, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Get yourself a copy of Lonely Planet for Aus, it's full of information, costs of travel Air/Bus/Rail, and places to stay, things to do.

Good Luck
Santa
Old Nov 21st 2002, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi there

I guess it depends exactly how much you want to see! We travelled from Perth to Sydney via Adelaide on the IndianPacific and I cannot rate the experience highly enough.

It takes 3 full days so if you decided to travel this way I would strongly recommend a sleeper cabin!! The holiday class cabins you have to pay for all your meals, first class (which I think was only about 150 quid dearer) all meals are included.

You could see about getting off in Adelaide and seeing the sights, travelling up to the red centre or around SA and picking up another train later in the holiday to take you onto Sydney. Waking up to find yourself in the middle of the Awesome Blue Mountains is just breathtaking....

As you can see, I loved it!!

love sophia xx
Old Nov 21st 2002, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

MARTINIUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Sharing

You could also hook up with the many travellers who buy cars and advertise at the Youth Hostels in Perth for people to share the cost of petrol for the Journey east to Adelaide/Sydney.