Reload this Page >

tourist and work visa NZ

Wikiposts

tourist and work visa NZ

Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:08 am
Just Joined

becketboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tourist and work visa NZ

Although haven't posted much have read with interest everyones dilemas and experiences. I am hopefully going to NZ in October, have sold my house ( that only took one day!) and handed in my notice. I work as an Occupational Therapist and am just waiting for my NZ professional registration to come through. I have a therapy emplyment agency looking for a job for me although I don't think I am going to have a job set up at the same time as I finish work here. Can I go to NZ on a tourist visa and convert to a work visa while I am there? Would be grateful if someone could enlighten me.

Thanks
Becketboy
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tourist and work visa NZ

Originally posted by becketboy
Although haven't posted much have read with interest everyones dilemas and experiences. I am hopefully going to NZ in October, have sold my house ( that only took one day!) and handed in my notice. I work as an Occupational Therapist and am just waiting for my NZ professional registration to come through. I have a therapy emplyment agency looking for a job for me although I don't think I am going to have a job set up at the same time as I finish work here. Can I go to NZ on a tourist visa and convert to a work visa while I am there? Would be grateful if someone could enlighten me.

Thanks
Becketboy
Hi there

OUr family did just that. Went over on tourist visa and then once got the job offer went to immigration office with written offer and within a week had a 2 year work visa.

Good luck! What part of NZ you off to?
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 7:05 am
Just Joined

becketboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tourist and work visa NZ

Originally posted by millertime
Hi there

OUr family did just that. Went over on tourist visa and then once got the job offer went to immigration office with written offer and within a week had a 2 year work visa.

Good luck! What part of NZ you off to?
Hi!

Thanks for the info, looks like i might be off to book my flight soon then, nothing else keeping me here once moved house and finished job. Could do with an extended holiday.

Not sure where off to will be led by job I think.

Becketboy