British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Top Clothes Drying Tip (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/top-clothes-drying-tip-179573/)

Bordy Jan 5th 2005 10:04 am

Re: Top Clothes Drying Tip

Originally Posted by hevs
an esky puppy :D

(its ok anya, he's a bombers fan ;) )

And only 44 days to go Hevs, wooohooooo

hevs Jan 5th 2005 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
And only 44 days to go Hevs, wooohooooo

OMG no way!!! wheres that bloody party avatar when you need it!! :beer:

JackTheLad Jan 5th 2005 10:12 am

This thread reminds me of something we still haven't done since we moved into the house. We bought a tumble dryer along with a front-loading washer when we moved here. However the tumble dryer is still wrapping in its original packaging totally untouched. It's been over 3 months now... :eek:

We haven't had the need to use the dryer yet because of the weather. Even if it rains continuously - I think we have enough underwear and socks to last for a month... LOL :D

I love our Hills Hoist - it's the greatest Australian invention ever!

Mrs JTL

soapy© Jan 5th 2005 10:16 am

The out come of a disturbing union between an eskimo and a sled pulling dog??

you could be right. just think, on that ice miles from nowhere :o
i bet it goes on :eek:
its the mrs eskimo i feel sorry for. can u imagine giving birth to a 50L cool box. or do they start at 1L then grow. lol

Bordy Jan 5th 2005 10:18 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
This thread reminds me of something we still haven't done since we moved into the house. We bought a tumble dryer along with a front-loading washer when we moved here. However the tumble dryer is still wrapping in its original packaging totally untouched. It's been over 3 months now... :eek:

We haven't had the need to use the dryer yet because of the weather. Even if it rains continuously - I think we have enough underwear and socks to last for a month... LOL :D

I love our Hills Hoist - it's the greatest Australian invention ever!

Mrs JTL

Talking of Australian inventions, its taken 5 years but I now own my first Stubby holder. :o

soapy© Jan 5th 2005 10:20 am

Originally Posted by rumbletum
You know I have a bigger ESKY than you Soap :D But you have a Hills Hoist with special pegs for socks and I only have a pull out one attached to my wall :( ...ho hum...... were you bored or something, dragging up one year old posts.... :eek:

no no no, we all know ive got the bigggggest COOL BOX in the world. ill show u mine if u show me yours.
hey it wasnt me that dragged it up. i just found it in another thread and thought how funny it was. now that your all clued up he he
hope to see u soon pal

soapy

soapy© Jan 5th 2005 10:22 am

Talking of Australian inventions, its taken 5 years but I now own my first Stubby holder. :o

hey me too, i bought 4 last week. well i needed 2 for both hands at the new year and another two ready ;)

hevs Jan 5th 2005 10:29 am

Originally Posted by soapy
you could be right. just think, on that ice miles from nowhere :o
i bet it goes on :eek:
its the mrs eskimo i feel sorry for. can u imagine giving birth to a 50L cool box. or do they start at 1L then grow. lol

She'd certainly have to paws for breath to deliver a whole litter :D

soapy© Jan 5th 2005 10:33 am

that was bad :D

Bordy Jan 5th 2005 10:35 am

With jokes like that maybe you should retire. :D

ps, Mrs B says happy new year Hevvers & she will try & get the correct day at your next meeting. :rolleyes:

soapy© Jan 5th 2005 10:38 am

With jokes like that maybe you should retire. :D

ps, Mrs B says happy new year Hevvers & she will try & get the correct day at your next meeting. :rolleyes:

do u think the mods should ban posters for really pish jokes :D
i would have went on the second day then lol

hevs Jan 5th 2005 10:38 am

that was bad :D

nearly as bad as some lettuce jokes! :D

Bordy Jan 5th 2005 10:39 am

do u think the mods should ban posters for really pish jokes :D
i would have went on the second day then lol

What makes you think you would have lasted 2 days???? :D

melibeam Jan 5th 2005 10:39 am

Originally Posted by kaleb777
Hills Hoist is a rotary clothes line that doubles as a garden umbrella. It's true that clothes will fade very quickly due to the intense UV. I have always dried my clothes in the shade in Brisbane. They will dry in a few hours in winter and won't fade. Set up a retractable clothesline under a verandah or under a high set house that isn't built in below. Your clothes will dry without fading. If you want things dry fast you can use a line in direct sunlight but don't leave the clothes on all day because they'll end up disintegrating, not just fading. In summer you'll dry a pair of blue jeans in the sun in 30 minutes. I've had pillows, not pillow cases but pillows, dry in an hour on a 35C day.

can you believe the lease for our rental house says no drying of clothes outside, wish I had a hills hoist, I just use drying racks and hope the landlord does not come around.

soapy© Jan 5th 2005 10:40 am

nearly as bad as some lettuce jokes! :D

no i think that was right up there with them :D