Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top Clothes Drying Tip

Top Clothes Drying Tip

Old Sep 20th 2003, 6:32 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Top Clothes Drying Tip

Put the BBQ under the hills hoist. You can then cook and dry your clothes at the same time.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 6:49 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Top Clothes Drying Tip

and there I was seriously considering to take my tumble!! You have just saved me the trouble!

Thats what I love about this forum. Interesting useful information!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Put the BBQ under the hills hoist. You can then cook and dry your clothes at the same time.
It also saves you using Bounce to fragrance your clothes.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Top Clothes Drying Tip

Originally posted by bondipom
What is a 'hills hoist' ???
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:25 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Cool

not sure wot a hills hoist is either...my advice wiv washing is to dry it inside out...state of my bruvs stuff its all faded to hell and looks 20 years old...bloody current bun bleached,small price to pay I suppose.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:28 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rumbletum
Its a rotoary clothes dryer. You have a handle on it to raise and lower it. Big things generally. Very good
Old Sep 20th 2003, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hills Hoist is a rotary clothes line that doubles as a garden umbrella. It's true that clothes will fade very quickly due to the intense UV. I have always dried my clothes in the shade in Brisbane. They will dry in a few hours in winter and won't fade. Set up a retractable clothesline under a verandah or under a high set house that isn't built in below. Your clothes will dry without fading. If you want things dry fast you can use a line in direct sunlight but don't leave the clothes on all day because they'll end up disintegrating, not just fading. In summer you'll dry a pair of blue jeans in the sun in 30 minutes. I've had pillows, not pillow cases but pillows, dry in an hour on a 35C day.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good tip there about the shade. You wouldn't really think of fading when you live in England.

Those driers look interesting, they are huge compared to our wincy rotary driers over here.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 7:51 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rumbletum
its a whirlygig ya numpty.
i bet u dont even know what an ESKY is
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:19 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bondipom
Slip into 'em straight after the spin dry - no need for air-con, ironing or drying and makes 'em conform nice.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:56 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
The out come of a disturbing union between an eskimo and a sled pulling dog??
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:47 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
The out come of a disturbing union between an eskimo and a sled pulling dog??

You sick puppy.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:51 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
You sick puppy.
OY! You teasin' my mate then, Bordy...? D'you want BOVVER, eh???

Anya.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soapy

You know I have a bigger ESKY than you Soap But you have a Hills Hoist with special pegs for socks and I only have a pull out one attached to my wall ...ho hum...... were you bored or something, dragging up one year old posts....
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Bordy
You sick puppy.
an esky puppy

(its ok anya, he's a bombers fan )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.