British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Top british hairdresser available (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/top-british-hairdresser-available-519973/)

amandaoxley Mar 8th 2008 1:05 am

Top british hairdresser available

Hi ive recently arrived from the uk and im looking at setting up mobile hairdressing ive trained at the top london hairdressers and have over 20 years experience, so if anyone is looking for a decent cut and colour please feel free to pm me i am in buderim will travel up to 10 km or come to me which i would prefer. thanks mandy:thumbsup:

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Mar 8th 2008 5:28 am

Re: Top british hairdresser available

Originally Posted by amandaoxley (Post 6032900)
Hi ive recently arrived from the uk and im looking at setting up mobile hairdressing ive trained at the top london hairdressers and have over 20 years experience, so if anyone is looking for a decent cut and colour please feel free to pm me i am in buderim will travel up to 10 km or come to me which i would prefer. thanks mandy:thumbsup:

I dunno...but maybe you might want to think about expanding your area just a 'wee' bit? Can't imagine there being the 'hugest' market within 10KM's of Buderim.

Considering what hairdressers over here charge - what's a few extra K's into the bargain?

scousercarol Mar 8th 2008 7:44 am

Where's Bunderim? I will deff be looking for a decent hairdresser when I arrive in April, but I will be in Brisbane initially and then the gold coast. I've tried to think of a way to smuggle my UK hairdresser, but Singapore Airlines are not budging on the 20kgs luggage allowance, so can't take her in my suitcase! ::lol:

kerikerr Mar 8th 2008 9:15 am

If you come into Brisbane then your on!!! I just had my haircut and colour done and it cost me $240 = I nearly fainted! I mean it was nice, but my hair is long and it was only a trim and an all over colour (to hide my grey hair) nothing fancy like foils or anything and it wasnt a 'senior stylist' just a young girl - god that makes me sound old! Anyway count me in if you ever come to brissy!! Good luck in your venture!
Keri

WelshSarah Mar 8th 2008 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by scousercarol (Post 6033456)
Where's Bunderim? I will deff be looking for a decent hairdresser when I arrive in April, but I will be in Brisbane initially and then the gold coast. I've tried to think of a way to smuggle my UK hairdresser, but Singapore Airlines are not budging on the 20kgs luggage allowance, so can't take her in my suitcase! ::lol:

Dont worry!!! I shared a stylist with Charlotte and paid a bit for my mop to be chopped so I was worried too but I found a fab girl in Pacific Fair!!! OK it cost $300& but worth every penny!!!

collybabe24 Mar 8th 2008 10:23 pm

Hey mandy just wanted to say a huge thank you for doing my hair, hubby's and the kids we all looked gorg will see you again next month, will recomend you anytime your fab!:thumbsup:

collybabe24 Mar 8th 2008 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 6033241)
I dunno...but maybe you might want to think about expanding your area just a 'wee' bit? Can't imagine there being the 'hugest' market within 10KM's of Buderim.

Considering what hairdressers over here charge - what's a few extra K's into the bargain?

I actually think your wrong i dont understand why people on here have to be so sarcastic if people cant say nice things u shouldnt say anything at all, im a nail tech and its a nightmare dragging your stuff everywhere doing mobile so i understand that mandy would prefer to do it from her home as everything is to hand there, she also has little ones so likes to stay close to home whats wrong with working in buderim area there'll be plenty of work for her once word gets around cos shes the best ive had over here.

gillysm Mar 9th 2008 1:57 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 6033241)

There's heaps of expats within 10ks of Buderim.

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Mar 9th 2008 7:16 am

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 6036175)
I actually think your wrong i dont understand why people on here have to be so sarcastic if people cant say nice things u shouldnt say anything at all, im a nail tech and its a nightmare dragging your stuff everywhere doing mobile so i understand that mandy would prefer to do it from her home as everything is to hand there, she also has little ones so likes to stay close to home whats wrong with working in buderim area there'll be plenty of work for her once word gets around cos shes the best ive had over here.

Ahhhh FFS, wind yer neck in woman!!! Show me the sarcasm in my post????????????????????????? :confused::confused:

I was trying to HELP!!!! You know - that 4 letter word??!! Ever heard of constructive criticism??? Google it!! Sometimes it takes someone else to point out an obvious point! Maybe I am wrong, but it is another angle on the issue!!

:zzz::zzz:

As for dragging your stuff everywhere being a nightmare - I sympathise! It must be SOOOooooo hard carrying a case of nail files and pretty pink nail polish, from the boot of your car to some old tarts front door!!! (THAT's sarcasm my dear)! :curse:

Geeez......................:rolleyes:

WelshSarah Mar 9th 2008 7:44 am

PMSL!!:lol:

Scarlett1 Mar 9th 2008 11:18 am

nail files at dawn :eek:

wardy2 Mar 9th 2008 11:56 am

Now Now fluffy :rofl:

amandaoxley Mar 9th 2008 1:06 pm

[QUOTE=FluffyTheCampfireSlayer;6037129]Ahhhh FFS, wind yer neck in woman!!! Show me the sarcasm in my post????????????????????????? :confused::confused:

I was trying to HELP!!!! You know - that 4 letter word??!! Ever heard of constructive criticism??? Google it!! Sometimes it takes someone else to point out an obvious point! Maybe I am wrong, but it is another angle on the issue!!

:zzz::zzz:

As for dragging your stuff everywhere being a nightmare - I sympathise! It must be SOOOooooo hard carrying a case of nail files and pretty pink nail polish, from the boot of your car to some old tarts front door!!! (THAT's sarcasm my dear)! :curse:

thanks collybabe for the positive feedback you have given me. and for explaining my circumstance. As colly said
i have young children and there fore only prepared to fit work in around the hours they in childcare.

there is no need to be nasty to her in her reply saying about nail files, at the end of the day its about providing people with good service and making people

amandaoxley Mar 9th 2008 1:08 pm

happy we are all out here new together and should be supporting each other, not bitching about people, life is short and we should support every one on here, hence if no one has any possitives to say proberly best not to bother

thanks

mandy

amandaoxley Mar 9th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by scousercarol (Post 6033456)

ha ha i tryed bringing my friend who used to swap haircuts with me also but they wouldnt bloody have it. i have been really disapointed with the hairdressing here they dont have a clue how to colour hair and bleach and tone every thing, its amazing the aussies still have hair left, ha ha

where you living

Phoenix Mar 9th 2008 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6037186)
PMSL!!:lol:

Made me giggle too - though i'm not sure for the same reasons :lol:

scousercarol Mar 9th 2008 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by amandaoxley (Post 6038001)
ha ha i tryed bringing my friend who used to swap haircuts with me also but they wouldnt bloody have it. i have been really disapointed with the hairdressing here they dont have a clue how to colour hair and bleach and tone every thing, its amazing the aussies still have hair left, ha ha

where you living

Will be staying in Brisbane initially, but might end up on the Gold Coast 'cos thats where the in laws live. Will you be working in any of them areas?

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Mar 9th 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by amandaoxley (Post 6037992)
happy we are all out here new together and should be supporting each other, not bitching about people, life is short and we should support every one on here, hence if no one has any possitives to say proberly best not to bother

thanks

mandy

You wanna have a chat with your mate, 'Collybabe' about being nice to people then! My post was aimed at trying to help you and was in no way nasty! Her response to me was!

Crack on ladies - bigger, better and far more interesting threads to read! :rolleyes:

collybabe24 Mar 10th 2008 2:05 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 6038878)
You wanna have a chat with your mate, 'Collybabe' about being nice to people then! My post was aimed at trying to help you and was in no way nasty! Her response to me was!

Crack on ladies - bigger, better and far more interesting threads to read! :rolleyes:

You must have such a sad life spending all your time on here replying to every thread that you have no interest in what so ever, why dont you crack on to another boring thread and leave everyone else alone.

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Mar 10th 2008 4:28 am

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 6040519)
You must have such a sad life spending all your time on here replying to every thread that you have no interest in what so ever, why dont you crack on to another boring thread and leave everyone else alone.

Just a reminder - it was YOU who decided to lay into me for no apparent reason - PM sent! Read it and weep - you're pathetic! :frown:

(For those that are thinking, 'that's a little below the belt' - this is not the first time this poster has laid into me, un-provoked)!! Yes, I could sit back, relax and take it, but, that's just not me! :frown:

>Trigger< Mar 10th 2008 4:49 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 6040751)
Just a reminder - it was YOU who decided to lay into me for no apparent reason - PM sent! Read it and weep - you're pathetic! :frown:

See what happens when you get involved in women's stuff....:rofl:

Bernieboy Mar 10th 2008 4:55 am

Hey fluffs dont slam the door on the way out:rofl:

>Trigger< Mar 10th 2008 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 6040809)
Hey fluffs dont slam the door on the way out:rofl:

He...he...he

mitosblog Mar 10th 2008 5:44 am

i adore you, i admire you too, i am not a hairdresser here but being a mobile hairdresser is probably the job that i would like to get involved one day...simple, easy and flexible

Sue Mar 10th 2008 11:07 am

Come on now people, can we have a difference of opinion without the name calling and what's with the FFS's? There is no need for it, I mean how many of you tell someone in the real world you hardly know FFS?? Its swearing, and we all know its swearing and its not nice.

Now I am going to close this thread. The OP is quite free to start another discussion about this topic if she chooses.

Thanks