Toowoomba

Old Sep 20th 2011, 11:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toowoomba

Went for a visit today to see the remnants of the flower festival

It looks surprisingly civilised for a Queensland city...more so than Brisbane anyway
Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:33 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toowoomba

Originally Posted by Grayling
Went for a visit today to see the remnants of the flower festival

It looks surprisingly civilised for a Queensland city...more so than Brisbane anyway
We've got family up there - they wouldn't live anywhere else
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Nignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really nice
Smile Re: Toowoomba

Our Humble abode is 21 kms west of Toowoomba, great living , plenty of expats here in the area, a vast choice of well paid agricultural or industrial jobs for the people that want to work, toowoomba is slowly bouncing back from the flood damage, but it will be a while before the range is repaired, but it is still only a 2hour drive from T/town to brisbane town centre, we moved back here from Bribie 2 years agono Alcohol or drugcrazed backpackers here , the living is so easy
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I work there a lot. Its certainly one of the better country towns I stay in.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

jezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nice

This is soooo good to hear. We entered the country on Monday (currently staying with relatives in Campbelltown, Sydney) and will be heading up to live in Toowoomba (hopefully Withcott) in a couple of weeks. I will be working at UQ Gatton. Thanks Grayling.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Nignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really nice
Cool Re: Toowoomba

was in gatton a couple of hours ago, I hope you have properly researched the area ,you are hoping to move to, the whole gatton area is a flood plain, and as we saw and experienced in january, hundreds of homes were ruined and many lives lost, sadly we mortals have no control over the power of our queensland weather, but on the bright side, you will be slap bang in the middle of the largest and best fruit and vegie garden in the world,with the best butchers and piemakers thrown in,an hours drive to brisbane and the bay what more could one offer a future new australian resident
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 9:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a bad wee spot, we've lived in Toowoomba for nearly 19 months now, in general the people are just lovely! It's just a shame there's no beach...
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

jezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nicejezandem is just really nice

Yeah, we are aware of the risks, have been planning this move ever since I got the job offer June 2010.......but we are not looking at living in Gatton (have heared that Gatton is a bit redneck!), just working at the UQ which never got bad flooding........Withcott is a different story.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:43 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
It's not a bad wee spot, we've lived in Toowoomba for nearly 19 months now, in general the people are just lovely! It's just a shame there's no beach...
My Aussie rellies who live there are lovely, decent and edjumacated people - not everyone in Toowoomba is a redneck with too many fingers and toes are they

Having said that I never seen em with no socks on
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Cool Re: Toowoomba

not rednecks please!! just plain old country peopleit is a bit of a culture shock at first, checked shirts, akubra hats , cowboy boots and beards and thats just the ladiesfavourite pastimes, Bull riding, Roo and pig shooting,city dwellers from the likes of brisbane or melbourne try to fit in with their new hats and squeaky clean 4x4,s which only go off road when they run out of tarmac drive on their urban properties!!Its a great place here, in our sleepy little town , we have singaporean,westafrican,south african,thai,and numorous european expats ,a real international community, no bias, not much crime, great caring neighbours,I,m a lancashire lad born and bred, but my akubra is worn every where , and my smart check shirts and moleskin strides and blundstone boots are standard winter dress, still have a whippet and my flatcaps and silk miners scarf only get brought out when the grandkids and their schoolfriends come for a weekend visit , because Poppy tells great stories of the old days and granma makes great treacle and cinder toffee So to any new expats we say welcome, there is always a tea or coffee on the go and the beer and local wines are great , so dont be shy drop in and say G,day
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jezandem
This is soooo good to hear. We entered the country on Monday (currently staying with relatives in Campbelltown, Sydney) and will be heading up to live in Toowoomba (hopefully Withcott) in a couple of weeks. I will be working at UQ Gatton. Thanks Grayling.
Just wanted to say hi - I work across the road from the Uni at the DPI research station, so am at the uni every now and then (mostly to get a coffee!).
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by buzz
Just wanted to say hi - I work across the road from the Uni at the DPI research station, so am at the uni every now and then (mostly to get a coffee!).
Hi Buzz, I will not be working for the Uni but for the Queensland Seed Technology Laboratory (QSTL) based there. If you can find us.....the coffee is on me! I will be the one not wearing a checked shirt.....not straight away anyway!

Are you one of the many that live in Toowoomba and travel down?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nignoy
not rednecks please!! just plain old country peopleit is a bit of a culture shock at first, checked shirts, akubra hats , cowboy boots and beards and thats just the ladiesfavourite pastimes, Bull riding, Roo and pig shooting,city dwellers from the likes of brisbane or melbourne try to fit in with their new hats and squeaky clean 4x4,s which only go off road when they run out of tarmac drive on their urban properties!!Its a great place here, in our sleepy little town , we have singaporean,westafrican,south african,thai,and numorous european expats ,a real international community, no bias, not much crime, great caring neighbours,I,m a lancashire lad born and bred, but my akubra is worn every where , and my smart check shirts and moleskin strides and blundstone boots are standard winter dress, still have a whippet and my flatcaps and silk miners scarf only get brought out when the grandkids and their schoolfriends come for a weekend visit , because Poppy tells great stories of the old days and granma makes great treacle and cinder toffee So to any new expats we say welcome, there is always a tea or coffee on the go and the beer and local wines are great , so dont be shy drop in and say G,day
Cheers for the offer, will pop round with the wife and 8 kids, do you mind if we stay a few weeks while we find a decent rental in Withcott?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the lovely parks, treed streets and character houses in Toowoomba. e.g.: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=toowoo...267.13,,0,-1.3

It's not called "the fridge on the hill" for nothing though...bring a jumper

Last edited by fish.01; Sep 23rd 2011 at 11:31 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I love the lovely parks, treed streets and character houses in Toowoomba. e.g.: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=toowoo...267.13,,0,-1.3

It's not called "the fridge on the hill" for nothing though...bring a jumper
Ack c'mon, get it right, it's 'The Fridge on the Ridge' tee hee and yes, it gets bl**dy freezing up here, we even had a frost this year lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.