Tools

Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:15 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tools

Just wanna check - are the tools used on site 110v in Oz? Same as here?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:47 pm
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all
Default Re: Tools

Originally Posted by Clippies
Just wanna check - are the tools used on site 110v in Oz? Same as here?
Hi,
no 110v here its all 240v,

Harry.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:11 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hch
Hi,
no 110v here its all 240v,

Harry.
Ah ok thanks. Will need to bring the transformer then!
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:00 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Also, bring as many tools as you can as they can be quiet expensive here.

Steve.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:04 pm
Banned

Paul@Perth is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't, I would sell all your 110 stuff and buy new when you get here.
Personally I didn't find tools to be that expensive plus you will need some different tools anyway, maybe a compressor and a couple of nail guns.

My mate has all his 110 gear and gets real pissed off having to carry that transformer around in the heat. It might not seem much but loading your tools up at the end of the day is the hardest work you have to do.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:07 pm
Banned

Paul@Perth is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously bring your cordless stuff though.

80% of my tools I bought here when I arrived I will dig out the receipts and post the costings if you like.

Another benifit is you get back all the GST and dont have to change all the plugs
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:30 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Clippies]Just wanna check - are the tools used on site 110v in Oz? Same as here?[/Q

here in queensland you need a electrical certificate for all your tools, extension leads etc, every 3 months to comply with the building regs.

my radio can you believe also needs a certificate but they cant because it has a british plug come charger even when i use an adapter its still against the rules

so forget the 110v tools buy new i found they are not that expensive and bring the 240 just change the plugs
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:35 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone - I've told Mr Clip what you all said and he said he's gonna just take his hand tools and buy the rest as he needs them when he's out there.

This site is ace for these sort of questions

Kath x
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I'll second the thanks. Was wondering the exact same thing. Whats the story with the hand tools - will they have to be cleaned throughly to pass customs?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

read on a thread a while back they put all their hand tools in the dishwasher said it cleaned them a treat, just a thought!!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:08 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
read on a thread a while back they put all their hand tools in the dishwasher said it cleaned them a treat, just a thought!!
I'll tell my other half that!!

He says hes not going if he cant take his tools!!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

men and their tools!!!!!!!!!! where abouts in staffs are you?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:12 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

men and their tools!!!!!!!!!! where abouts in staffs are you?
We are in Newcastle, where are you?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
We are in Newcastle, where are you?

So are we, live on the westlands. where are you hoping to go?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
visa holder

Smile Re: Tools

So are we, live on the westlands. where are you hoping to go?
Hoping for WA but at the very early stages yet. Got to do TRA next, how about you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.