Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Too old, too skint and probably too fat.

Too old, too skint and probably too fat.

Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too old, too skint and probably too fat.

[QUOTE=Bix]
Originally Posted by WendyC

Oooooo....you are wicked Wendy

Don't tell me, you're twisted sense of humour

You know I didn't mean it like that
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:19 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WendyC]
Originally Posted by Bix

Don't tell me, you're twisted sense of humour

You know I didn't mean it like that

Yep Wendy, I reckon he's up for a bit of tying down!!!
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:19 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sical]
Originally Posted by kiwichild

Jus thinking Kiwi child - is it ok if I run my posts past u first in future, - thats the 2nd time u corrected me!! - U may save me from seeing the surgeon and having to get my foot extracted out of my mouth, :scared:

I would once Hav said I had a great memory but - after 2 kids, two jobs and study all at the same time, its shot to Shxx. Or maybe its that lying mirror trying to tell me I am getting older! :scared:

But hey, - no worries -am always happy to stand corrected, - I am still on a learning curve. ... keep up the good work,

Thanx ( hope did not offend re NZ windy city -)

LOL shit no I'm not offended. I don't mean to single you or anyone out for 'correction'. I just seem to have a few useless trivia type answers running around in the old grey matter. But yeh any kiwi worth their salt should know about 'Windy Wellington". Can't expect others to have 'instant' knowledge.

x
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ub40fan]

Yep Wendy, I reckon he's up for a bit of tying down!!!
Shall I put them in front of my body or behind my back ?
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
we are 38 and 39 with 4 kids and no cash (about £6k - but hope to raise a little more before we go)

I think 'leaving' all my pack rat stuff behind and starting anew will be quite liberating... we are doing it for the kids so they can have a better life (and for Ian who dreads the cold winters here)

We have never had a family holiday other than to North Norfolk in a caravan and never have any money to spare, we recycle cars, running vehicles others have cast off in horror. I went to the hairdressers twice last year and have had one new pair of shoes in the last 2 yrs (the kids get all the new clothes/shoes) BUT WE ARE HAPPY and we will be happy here or in Australia... If you are happy now then chances are you will be equally or more happy there...

I think those are cold feet that you have
Hi there
Just noticed you are in Suffolk as well, whereabouts?
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:51 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2
And kiwichild, no matter what happens , we are not going to Tasmania ,
I would have thought it was more expensive to live in Tasmania
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
One has to pay for the good things in life
Old Mar 25th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

dipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Aaahhh, that is such a sad post. We too will be only going with £30000 and thats only if we dont pay all our debts before we go...We are a little younger than you 33 and 35 and have 2 teenagers but I think our children could slum it for a little while if need be!!! Joking aside - £30000 IS A LOT OF LOLLY. I know it feels like we are all starting again from the beginning and we know the first months are going to be a struggle but as long as your prepared to take any job to survive the first few months and save dipping too much into your money I am sure it will be fine. I am already planning to work in Coles as soon as I land .
I agree it is a worry that you are intentionally making yourself homeless with children but you are doing it to give them a better standard of life. And as depressing as it sounds (you said be brutal) in a couple of years you will be too old to get a visa. You have to take the chance while you can.
Karma sent M
Katie xx
i couldn't agree more, Katie...we too are in our 30's with 3 boys 16, 14 and 6...will be going with less than £30,000 and are cacking it when we get to Australia, we will have no jobs sorted, nowhere to live no security...but the way me and my hubby look at it is we are a great supportive family unit, we survive here barely by scrimping it too and we have nothing to show for it, our boys don't get spoilt and spend most of their lives on the computor coz its soooo cold outside. You gotta go for it, it can only be better, the weather is gonna be fantastic and to be honest, if you can survive in England you can survive anywhere (I am NOT and England lover as you have probably realised). I want my family to have a good life without the constant worry of where they're going to end up, i dont feel they've got much of a future here and would hate to look back and say 'if only we'd tried for something better'. Good luck Margaret, you're not on your own we are all in the same boat, you will be fine
dippy
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:17 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Property is a lot cheaper there.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Margaret2]Perhaps I'm pmt, perhaps it's the weather or perhaps I've just been hanging around this forum too long.

QUOTE]

hiya and sorry you are on a bit of a downer today...maybe just being realistic and better now rather than later with your situation age/finances as they are...hey look on the bright side you can always come to tx now sis would love to have you in her part of the world and it's not too far from the uk.... seriously ...good luck with your dilemma
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit

hey look on the bright side you can always come to tx now sis would love to have you in her part of the world and it's not too far from the uk....

Are you trying to scare her, so she NEVER comes to Texas
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you trying to scare her, so she NEVER comes to Texas
nahh she knows it's the land of the free
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:39 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Property is a lot cheaper there.
Hi it might be inland in some remote area but its not that cheap around Hobart, certainly more than 30k
Old Mar 25th 2006, 1:01 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

M2, I've got a couple of million going spare if you like, Now where did I park that white van?

No seriously, go for it. You'll be amazed at how many people are in the same boat as you. How about that 'No going back' lady from Blackpool, she went with £1500. Well if she can do it on that i'am sure you will have no problem.
Keep your dream alive, Go for it, You'll never look back in life and say 'what if'
Life is a gamble.
I'm sure you will make the right choice. Good luck and see you on the other side.

Suni & Jay.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nahh she knows it's the land of the free
thats not true, i visited texas and got charged for everything!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.