Too much?

Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Too much?

We are planning our validation trip

We still have very little idea of where we want to settle

Will it be too exhausting to;
Fly to Perth
Fly to Melbourne
Train to Adelaide
Train to Sydney
Fly to Uk

.....in 12 days?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Too much?

[QUOTE=November11]We are planning our validation trip

Fly to Perth
Fly to Melbourne
Train to Adelaide
Train to Sydney
Fly to Uk

.....in 12 days?[/
Personally yes so i would just go to brisbane
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by November11

Fly to Perth
Fly to Melbourne
Train to Adelaide
Train to Sydney
Fly to Uk

.....in 12 days?
yes you`ll be completely knackered
it took us the best part of three days to get over our last trip out
to complete your "tour" will only ( in my opioion ) give you a poor insight to aus as like i said you`l be completley wasted

good luck guys
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:27 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Fly to Perth
Fly to Melbourne
Train to Adelaide
Train to Sydney
Fly to Uk

.....in 12 days?
Seems alot to cover in such a timespan. I'd suggest if you have to stick to this timeframe you do this:

Fly to perth. Indian pacific train to adelaide. Indian pacific train to sydney. fly to melb. fly to uk from melb.

This way you use the one train service (with a break in adelaide), so should be less messing around and cost a bit less too.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:31 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Seems alot to cover in such a timespan. I'd suggest if you have to stick to this timeframe you do this:

Fly to perth. Indian pacific train to adelaide. Indian pacific train to sydney. fly to melb. fly to uk from melb.

This way you use the one train service (with a break in adelaide), so should be less messing around and cost a bit less too.
Perhaps it might be better to make a list of what ur after in living here and then research each city. Then pick two to visit. You can always do a reccie once you move here if it doesn't work out to be what you want. So rent initially could be the go.

Also indian pacific takes 2 days to cross the country but you could cover perth, adelaide , sydney that way ie a few days in perth, train to adelaide, few days there, train to syd, few days there, fly back to uk
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I think for a 12 day trip you should pick a coast and explore it a bit more fully - do you want spend your time looking at the back of an airline seat, or see a bit of Oz? Not that I'm biased or anything, but I'd recommend the east coast, which gives you access to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. More than that I'd say stick to just two locations, such as Sydney and Melbourne and try and get a flavour for the different areas within them.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:41 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I think for a 12 day trip you should pick a coast and explore it a bit more fully - do you want spend your time looking at the back of an airline seat, or see a bit of Oz? Not that I'm biased or anything, but I'd recommend the east coast, which gives you access to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. More than that I'd say stick to just two locations, such as Sydney and Melbourne and try and get a flavour for the different areas within them.
I would agree with Hutch on this one.

I have just been for 11 days on my own and only did Melbourne, and I saw nothing really.(enough to make my decision, but it's too much to take in, in a short period of time)
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:26 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Fly to Perth
Fly to Melbourne
Train to Adelaide
Train to Sydney
Fly to Uk

.....in 12 days?
When are you planning to travel? Have you included stop overs? Which part of the UK are you moving from? What line of work? What lifestyle are you after? - These sort of questions may help us provide more information back too you. Think you are trying too hard in too short a time. 3 days in each city could seriously distort your opinion and cost you a great opportunity.

You could even get a completely different opinion of a city depending on what area you are looking at - ask in the forum and you will get a wealth of feedback. But give a bit of insight into what your after.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

We did our Perth reccie in 12 days (and didn't see all of it!). Sounds like you're undertaking a massive task. Do lots of research beforehand so you don't waste your time wandering aimlessly and allow for jetlag too. I hope you have a fantastic time.
Tracey