Reload this Page >

Too late to open bank account

Wikiposts

Too late to open bank account

Old May 4th 2005, 12:46 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Too late to open bank account

Originally Posted by Boilerman
We had the same problem but as it turned out it was a blessing.

We couldn't do anything until we arrived here in Brisbane but what we found was that HSBC is not a popular bank in Brisbane and HSBC ATMs are hard to come by.
One advantage with HSBC is that you can use any other banks ATM's without charge for the first 5 transactions per month free of charge.

Old May 4th 2005, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Too late to open bank account

I've spoken to HSBC International in London (since First Direct seem incapable of following simple instructions).

They said that we should take the letter of introduction from First Direct (that they were supposed to fax to HSBC International over a week ago) into an HSBC branch in Australia with 3 months UK statements & our passports and they should be able to open an account immediately as 2 weeks isn't enough time to open it from the UK.

I think I may not bother as their customer service skills seem so far below Commonwealths.