Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TomToms and the Australia Maps

TomToms and the Australia Maps

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:16 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default TomToms and the Australia Maps

Just a little heads up for folks. I have a TomTom Go 510, bought in blighty, installed with some rather out-of-date maps I bought in 2005 off the TomTom website. I got a bit bored of having Tom insist I was driving through marshland when in fact I was on the Kiama bypass and thus looked into getting a more recent map. I have since discovered three things 1) they charge you £135 every time they update the map 2) the Navigator maps for PDAs and mobile phones work on the actual TomTom Go units 3) it doesn't have, ahem, air-tight security. Do what you will with that information.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:17 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TomToms and the Australia Maps

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just a little heads up for folks. I have a TomTom Go 510, bought in blighty, installed with some rather out-of-date maps I bought in 2005 off the TomTom website. I got a bit bored of having Tom insist I was driving through marshland when in fact I was on the Kiama bypass and thus looked into getting a more recent map. I have since discovered three things 1) they charge you £135 every time they update the map 2) the Navigator maps for PDAs and mobile phones work on the actual TomTom Go units 3) it doesn't have, ahem, air-tight security. Do what you will with that information.
i wish i could hutch