Reload this Page >

Tom Tom Satellite Navigation Systems

Tom Tom Satellite Navigation Systems

Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Adamski is on a distinguished road
Default Tom Tom Satellite Navigation Systems

Hi

Anybody taken their Tom Tom sat nav system to Oz from the UK? I believe you can get Oz maps to load and they sell them in Oz, but have no idea whether units made for the UK work in Oz. I emailed the company to ask them but got no reply.

Thanks

Adam
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:31 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tom Tom Satellite Navigation Systems

Originally Posted by Adamski
Hi

Anybody taken their Tom Tom sat nav system to Oz from the UK? I believe you can get Oz maps to load and they sell them in Oz, but have no idea whether units made for the UK work in Oz. I emailed the company to ask them but got no reply.

Thanks

Adam
you just switch between the maps in prefrences, easy as
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulf
you just switch between the maps in prefrences, easy as
Where do you get the Ozzy maps from - can they be brought in the UK or do you have to wait until you get into Australia ?

Also, how would you charge the unit once in Oz ?

Thanks for your help

Neil
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:03 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Where do you get the Ozzy maps from - can they be brought in the UK or do you have to wait until you get into Australia ?

Also, how would you charge the unit once in Oz ?

Thanks for your help

Neil
No need to change the unit, you can buy the maps online, or get pirate copies from bittorrent, careful of virues though BT is rife with em.
There was another poster who got them, I,ll post his link and you can PM him and ask his advice.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=338770&page=2
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Sorry to interupt but has anyone got the Australian as a file map they want to send me?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:14 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Hi

Thanks

Adam
funny you should ask i've downloaded the australian maps and they seem ok, but will check more when we get there in march.
i'm sure there is a link on there website for australian maps. only difference is i've got it on my mobile phone so saved a lot of money.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

We've just ordered the Australian maps from ebay. Can't vouch for them as hubby has literally just ordered them so we haven't seen them yet. Here's the link if anyone else is interested
http://search.ebay.co.uk/tomtom-aust...fkrZ1QQfromZR8
TJ

Ours is on our mobiles too - best investment ever!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Australia Maps in a rar file for TomTom Navigator 5 (I thinkthis is for PDA?). I got them for my parents who were visiting in December but they were never used so not sure if they are any good! If anyone would like to try them, PM me your email address and I will send the file onto you.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:05 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

tom tom mobile is definately the way to go

no need carrying around a GPS unit and a phone
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Adam
I'd have a good look at prices on the net UK & Oz, when we was looking into buying a Garmin the prices seemed to be cheaper in the UK, so the same may go for the map/chip for Oz.

Sue x
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

must be getting old - give me the UBD anyday!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Sue2
I'd have a good look at prices on the net UK & Oz, when we was looking into buying a Garmin the prices seemed to be cheaper in the UK, so the same may go for the map/chip for Oz.

Sue x
Heres an example of one SatNav from a company with branches in both UK & OZ

Navman iCN 320 In-car GPS System (UK) £180.95 http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=ICN_320_UK

Navman iCN 320 In-car GPS System (Australia) A$484.95
http://www.expansys.com.au/product.asp?code=128332

The Australian one is about 10% more than UK.

Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

got ours from ebay , have loaded them and appear to be fine , taking it with us in april lets hope they work .
Old Feb 9th 2006, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teliko21
I have the Australia Maps in a rar file for TomTom Navigator 5 (I thinkthis is for PDA?). I got them for my parents who were visiting in December but they were never used so not sure if they are any good! If anyone would like to try them, PM me your email address and I will send the file onto you.

On its way - thanks James.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:42 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Adam
Hi there

I am using Tom Tom Australia and it works PERFECT!
It was so good to land in a new country, pick up a hire car and drive exactly where we wanted to go. I even did a lot of pre planning in the UK to see how far certain places were from our house etc.

Here's the info where I got my maps from.

-- REMOVED --

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.