Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

toddler friendly places to stay in Sydney?

toddler friendly places to stay in Sydney?

Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

maggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nice
Default toddler friendly places to stay in Sydney?

Hi, just after some tips and recommendations on suitable holiday accommodation in Sydney for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 2 and 1. We are coming over from NZ for 5 days at the end of March and were hoping to stay somewhere central, probably 2 bedroomed apartment/house. I've had a quick look online and loads of places look good, but I'm just not sure how child-friendly they are (Lots of the ones in CBD/Darling Harbour seem really high rise, and then the description mentions "opening windows" - eeeek!!

I stayed in Backpackers last time I was in Sydney back in 2000, but we are looking for something a bit more luxurious this time, but hopefully without breaking the bank!!

Also has any one got any recommendations for really good things to do with little ones in Sydney - we already plan to go to the zoo and to the aquarium, and out to Manly on the ferry, but beyond that haven't really got many ideas, so any ideas would be gratefully received

Thanks in anticipation,

Maggie and the Moos!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 2:24 am
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: toddler friendly places to stay in Sydney?

Yeah I took my 9 month old to sydney last year. We stayed at harbourside hotel with view of bridge and opera house, good VFm and staff were very friendly and helpful with us having our little one. Yes it was a high rise but quite safe. We also spent a few days in a suite in novotel darling harbour but we found the experience quite average. Don't know if you are aware already of wotif.com.au - useful website for hotel hunting.

Tarango zoo is great but is quite hilly if you have to push 2 strollers. We went to featherdale which was great experience. Unlike taronga you can get up close and personal with the wildlife. No concerns re safety for my daughter.

If you have access to a car - a drive up to palm beach is lovely and there is a great pub/restaurant overlooking the pittwater (newport arms) which is en route and definitely worth a visit.