Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

toddler/children groups

toddler/children groups

Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

travis will become famous soon enough
Default toddler/children groups

Hello, we are looking at emigrating and have two young children. If all goes to plan when we get out to aus they will be 2 and 4. At the moment my wife takes them to toddler groups and get togethers where they meet up with similar aged kids and parents. She was wondering if they do similar out there and if anyone as gone over with children of the same age. If you could let us know a bit of what you did with your children (it would put her mind at rest greatly) any information would be of a great help.

Thanks Travis and Helen
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:31 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: toddler/children groups

Originally Posted by travis
Hello, we are looking at emigrating and have two young children. If all goes to plan when we get out to aus they will be 2 and 4. At the moment my wife takes them to toddler groups and get togethers where they meet up with similar aged kids and parents. She was wondering if they do similar out there and if anyone as gone over with children of the same age. If you could let us know a bit of what you did with your children (it would put her mind at rest greatly) any information would be of a great help.

Thanks Travis and Helen
Shame no-one has responded to this yet. I guess it would have helped if you had put which area you planned on moving to. I say this coz I recall (in the somewhat tattered remains of my grey matter - your wife will understand but I must be worse than her coz I've had three kids to her two!) Anyway, as I was saying, there was a thread recently (and I think it related to Sydney) where it seemed apparent that the kind of toddler groups that we frequent here do exist in Australia. Try doing a search of this forum on "Toddler Groups" and it may throw up some more information.

Good luck.

Binbird
Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:35 am
rudo1ph

I go to a playgroup with my daughter - same kind of thing as the UK.

Not sure where in Oz you are going to but when you arrive just go to your loacl community centre and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck

Rudi

Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:00 am
ABCDiamond

Have a look at http://www.bubhub.com.au/index.shtml
They have sections and forums for each state, and you may get info you need there.
The Bub Hub is an online, fully searchable, directory of local pregnancy and parenting information

Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: toddler/children groups

Thanks for the pointers everyone, I have had a quick look and want you have recommended is very helpful I wiil pass the info on to my wife and she will take a look .
Thanks again Travis and Helen

We are looking at either brisbane or adeladie, not 100% yet, if anyone else wants to help. Thanks again
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Robmichellef is on a distinguished road

Hi

We are looking to move to Brisbane later this year and have 2 boys (5 and 3) - so it is good to hear someone else has similar concerns! Where are you in the overal prosess?

Michelle
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Hello Michelle
We are only just starting out (compiling info for TRA), so we have a long way to go yet. Are you all sorted and just waiting to go or do you still have things to take care of ? Have you been to brisbane and or aus before?
Helen
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:07 pm
Prodigal Daughter

rachelw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

I am a Brisbane girl heading back after 10 years in the UK with my English husband. We will be returning with a 2 and a bit year old and a newborn. According to Mum, Brisbane is not quite as well set up as here (we are in Tunbridge Wells and could go to various groups all day, everyday if we were so inclined!).

Maybe a business opportunity? I know of a lady who returned to Melbourne and was going to take the franchise of our music class with her.

I am sure there is stuff to do, but possibly not quite such a wide variety....

Not sure that helps!

Rach