Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Today I am SOOOOO excited, but tomorrow I will be............

Today I am SOOOOO excited, but tomorrow I will be............

Old Dec 6th 2006, 1:21 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Today I am SOOOOO excited, but tomorrow I will be............

Just checking it is normal and that I am not TOTALLY losing the plot!!

Today I have butterflys and I am SOOOOO excited about leaving for Australia at the end of Jan, I am like "BRING IT ON" I can deal with anything today, even miserable old "#@*%£$@" on the end of the phone at the tax office!!

But then tomorrow I will be bricking it, thinking OH MY GOD and thinking who do you think you are and What ARE you doing!! Yesterday I went into the card shop to buy my mum a christmas card and read one or two and then felt these tears running down my cheeks, the words were so nice so I bought both!!

I remember reading a thread right when we first started the visa application and I think it said something like this is the biggest emotional rollercoaster you will EVER get on!! Remember thinking at the time "Oh get a grip, will ya" but I can SOooOOooOooO see what they mean now!! :scared:

Started saying goodbye to people I wont see again now and it is horrid and so strange saying goodbye!!

Anyone else out there the same as me or is it really just ME!!

Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Today I am SOOOOO excited, but tomorrow I will be............

I don't start a hope in hell then really do I???
I'm like that now and we've only just sent our forms off
One day I can't wait to go another day the tears start pouring for no apparent reason or cause a friend will mention their popping to see their dad.

Then i'll be all ok this is going to be an adventure, the kids will love it, the next day I think oh my god should I apply for spider councilling???? what do I do if one bites me etc
Then I think oh what the hell live and learn and this will be a curve lol
Then I think oh my god what if i'm ill over there, cause hubby is notourisly crap at leaving me to manage three kids while i'm heaving into the loo all day i'll have no one to call, then i'll convince myself the kids are getting older and will have to be trained to help (even just holding mummy's hair back lol)

No magic answer for you just try to ride out the bad panic thoughts and thrive off the good ones.

LMAOOOO in a few months time i'll be passing bricks I know it

Jen
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:15 pm
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough

I know exactly how you feel - We're leaving at the end of Feb and my mood ranges from intensely positive to downright despondent! Our posessions have been packed up and we're living with relatives for the time being so we don't even have familiar surroundings to comfort us.

Still, onwards and upwards! there's no point in being faint-hearted about it - I tell myself that I'd rather regret doing it than not trying at all.

CMR
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:36 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

That's very normal.

When you are moving abroad there is the excitement of starting a new life and all that it entitles but also the sadness of leaving your familiar surroundings, family, friends, etc..

Best wishes x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by toon williams
Just checking it is normal and that I am not TOTALLY losing the plot!!

Today I have butterflys and I am SOOOOO excited about leaving for Australia at the end of Jan, I am like "BRING IT ON" I can deal with anything today, even miserable old "#@*%£$@" on the end of the phone at the tax office!!

But then tomorrow I will be bricking it, thinking OH MY GOD and thinking who do you think you are and What ARE you doing!! Yesterday I went into the card shop to buy my mum a christmas card and read one or two and then felt these tears running down my cheeks, the words were so nice so I bought both!!

I remember reading a thread right when we first started the visa application and I think it said something like this is the biggest emotional rollercoaster you will EVER get on!! Remember thinking at the time "Oh get a grip, will ya" but I can SOooOOooOooO see what they mean now!! :scared:

Started saying goodbye to people I wont see again now and it is horrid and so strange saying goodbye!!

Anyone else out there the same as me or is it really just ME!!
oh me too me too!!!!!!! Was in a shop on sunday with my best mate and had just been laughing and talking about how excited I am and how much I'm looking forward to it, then noticed a goregous wee body warmer and commented how my nephew would look gorgeous in that, then just kinda stopped and stood there. My mate just looked at me and I went all emotional about how much I'm going to miss him and what if he forgets me (he's 4!!!) Felt dead sad, and seriously think I'm trying to block out all the emotions about leaving those you love and everything you know until I've absolutely no choice but to face them!!!!

They do say that the moving house is one of the three most stressful things you'll do in your lifetime, dont know what that says about the stress of moving to the other side of the world!!!!

Keep your chin up, concentrate on Christmas and worry about the rest later. Feel free to rant anytime you feel the need.

Nikki
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

I've got 2 weeks to go and it's really hard. I am sure that it'll be completely worth it but it's emotionally and physically tiring, My partner and I are working full time right up until 2 days before we leave and we're off before xmas.

My eighty-something Nan keeps phoning in a panic because she's convinced she'll never see me again (despite the fact she's coming to stay with us the week before we leave). She keeps offering me £40 too??

My mum and Dad are being really supportive.
People keep telling me how "Brave" i am... ??

My partner and I are both ready to drop with the tiredness. I had HMI come into school last week too (OFSTED) which was the last thing i needed!!

I just keep focusing on the sun. the sea and the surf. You only live once and nothing good ever comes easy. I am determined to keep my glass 1/2 full!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:04 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Well today I am feeling VERY postivie, we had some really sad news yesterday that a friend of ours has cancer and it is so bad she may not make Christmas but I have everything crossed that she does!!

I was speaking to her and she is SOOO positive about it, I couldnt get my head round it at all!! But she was so inspirational when I spoke to her and was adament that we were doing the right thing and to go for it in a big way!!

Think it made us both realise how lucky we are, both healthy, two gorgeous kids, and an opportunity of a lifetime just waiting to be taken, who knows what may happen tomorrow so today I am all guns blazing!!