Reload this Page >

Tips, tips, tips please!!

Tips, tips, tips please!!

Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

SheilaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tips, tips, tips please!!

Right, here's the thing:
wanting to move back to Oz after spending the better part of my life in europe.......I have a 6 year old daughter....I am originally from Melbourne, but i really need sunshine!! dont like rain, dont like snow......

so anywhere above Sydney would be very wise for me to settle, i guess!?? can i get any tips you have on settling down there with a child?? near the coast, lots of sunshine, not too crowded but not too far from civilization, good schools, nice friendly people........oh and not unimportant, somewhere were i can get a job would be nice!

Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice
Default Re: Tips, tips, tips please!!

Originally Posted by SheilaGirl
Right, here's the thing:
wanting to move back to Oz after spending the better part of my life in europe.......I have a 6 year old daughter....I am originally from Melbourne, but i really need sunshine!! dont like rain, dont like snow......

so anywhere above Sydney would be very wise for me to settle, i guess!?? can i get any tips you have on settling down there with a child?? near the coast, lots of sunshine, not too crowded but not too far from civilization, good schools, nice friendly people........oh and not unimportant, somewhere were i can get a job would be nice!

Thanks everyone!
Sheila, Do they not have sunshine in Melbourne?? Mind you anything has to be better than the weather in Manchester. I'm going for a reccie at christmas this year, so I may be lulled into a false sense of security as it will be summer. Hoping to go to Melbourne once visa is approved.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 4:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SheilaGirl
Right, here's the thing:

Thanks everyone!
Townsville........that's where we are heading in June and it's gorgeous
Old Apr 18th 2006, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daisydaydream
Sheila, Do they not have sunshine in Melbourne?? Mind you anything has to be better than the weather in Manchester. I'm going for a reccie at christmas this year, so I may be lulled into a false sense of security as it will be summer. Hoping to go to Melbourne once visa is approved.

yes, absolutely!! but then we have sunshine here in europe as well!! but melbourne climate is a bit like climate we are having in uk and holland/belgium! having said that, i love melbourne! but i NEED sunshine........
Old Apr 18th 2006, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The A Team
Townsville........that's where we are heading in June and it's gorgeous

Townsville! i will put that on my list! thanks!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Hi Daisydaydream, sorry to push in on someone elses thread but i just noticed you said your going for a reccie at Xmas, so are we but finding prices really really :scared: have you booked yours yet?

Sorry Sheilagirl Hope you find what your looking for
Old Apr 19th 2006, 6:39 am
Just Joined

NewcastleAdrian is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to Consider Newcastle. It is just 1hr 45 mins north of Sydney on the freeway. We moved here a year ago from Sydney and have never looked back. The lifestyle is so relaxed, the beaches are the best in New South Wales by far and so accessible. You dont even have to pay to park at them. It is a very family orientated area, you will love it.
Housing is cheaper than Sydney but getting more expensive. Necastle really is the best kept secret.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi Daisydaydream, sorry to push in on someone elses thread but i just noticed you said your going for a reccie at Xmas, so are we but finding prices really really :scared: have you booked yours yet?

Sorry Sheilagirl Hope you find what your looking for
No I haven't booked anything yet as I'm not sure if my eldest is going to come with us yet, but the prices scared the life out of me it was £1100 each nearly £4000 for 4 of us. I was looking at around the 21st December till the 10th or so of January, I may try and bring it forward in December a little see if that gets the prices down
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Tips, tips, tips please!!

Originally Posted by NewcastleAdrian
You need to Consider Newcastle. It is just 1hr 45 mins north of Sydney on the freeway. We moved here a year ago from Sydney and have never looked back. The lifestyle is so relaxed, the beaches are the best in New South Wales by far and so accessible. You dont even have to pay to park at them. It is a very family orientated area, you will love it.
Housing is cheaper than Sydney but getting more expensive. Necastle really is the best kept secret.
Hi Adrian - we too are considering the Newcastle area and maybe beyond!
Agree with your recommendations of that area for families and all that it has to offer in lifestyle!!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the tip!! I have actually been in Newcastle; my brother lived there before moving to Sydney.......
Another one for the list!

Oh please Ormrod7, mi thread es su thread! post away!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't booked anything yet as I'm not sure if my eldest is going to come with us yet, but the prices scared the life out of me it was £1100 each nearly £4000 for 4 of us. I was looking at around the 21st December till the 10th or so of January, I may try and bring it forward in December a little see if that gets the prices down
We went on 19 December 2004 - ended up flying gulf air business class coz it was about the same as all the hiked up prices in economy on the other airlines.

Where have you looked for tickets? There's a good list of places to try here:

www.yellabrickroad.com/flights
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

NewcastleAdrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply..im sure you enjoyed your stay last time you were here..and everyone else would love to know. In fact dont over enthuse as Newcastle is NSW's best kept secret and we want to keep it that way!!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I hear Coffs Harbour is nice.

We are heading further up in Brissie.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NewcastleAdrian
Thanks for the reply..im sure you enjoyed your stay last time you were here..and everyone else would love to know. In fact dont over enthuse as Newcastle is NSW's best kept secret and we want to keep it that way!!

well, to be perfectly honest, i wasnt too impressed with it.... but then again, i think we were in the outskirts of nc....he showed me where he used to live......Am i right to think somewhere near NC there's a place called Wanda ? (or a fish!?? )

Last edited by SheilaGirl; Apr 20th 2006 at 10:16 am.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:55 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I thought the post said Tits......

ZX....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.