Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tips on buying land please (Perth - NOR)

Tips on buying land please (Perth - NOR)

Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about
Default Tips on buying land please (Perth - NOR)

Hi

We are thinking about buying some land (to build on, not an investment) now it is getting a bit more on the available side. Does anyone have any tips on buying land that might help? I haven't got much of an idea of what I should be looking for!!!

I know that corner blocks are always the last ones to be sold because of extra fencing etc. Problem is that they are the well priced blocks right now, so I am being tempted.

How do soil tests work? I know that they can make a difference to the slab (and therefore the building price!). Obviously its good to avoid blocks with slopes, but anything else to watch out for?

Has anyone managed to get a good discount on land? Is it best to buy direct from the developer or from a private buyer (there are lots of both around here).

Sorry - lots of questions but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all
Default Re: Tips on buying land please (Perth - NOR)

;
Originally Posted by vics
Hi

We are thinking about buying some land (to build on, not an investment) now it is getting a bit more on the available side. Does anyone have any tips on buying land that might help? I haven't got much of an idea of what I should be looking for!!!

I know that corner blocks are always the last ones to be sold because of extra fencing etc. Problem is that they are the well priced blocks right now, so I am being tempted.

How do soil tests work? I know that they can make a difference to the slab (and therefore the building price!). Obviously its good to avoid blocks with slopes, but anything else to watch out for?

Has anyone managed to get a good discount on land? Is it best to buy direct from the developer or from a private buyer (there are lots of both around here).

Sorry - lots of questions but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Wait a while watch market
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:49 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vics
I don't have any direct help to give, but I would say that buying now, when the real estate market is at the very least sensitive, and at the very worst about to fall, is probably a bad idea!

Cheers
b
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:36 pm
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future

Some blocks of land may be cheaper has they are slopping. Be aware, that some builders may not build on land if it has more than a 6m drop. Also your site costs go up as well, so the money you save on a slopping block you pay in site costs etc.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Make sure the land is wide enough for the house you want to build.
Tracie
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

westholden will become famous soon enoughwestholden will become famous soon enough

look after 1/7 stamp duty is reduced.
Perth market is stabilizing at the moment.
So they say it is a buyers market.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

westholden will become famous soon enoughwestholden will become famous soon enough

look after 1/7 stamp duty is reduced.
Perth market is stabilizing at the moment.
So they say it is a buyers market.