Tipping

Old May 13th 2004, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tipping

Hi
okay so the packers are here 01 June but what is the format on tipping rates , heaps coffee ,tea bikkies,do we do lunch etc

Thanks Sally
Old May 13th 2004, 5:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

In the UK you can do what you want, a GBP 10 quid tip each is too much IMO, better give them some cold beer and a fiver each but your stuff won't get 'injured' if you don't give a tip but act nice.
Old May 13th 2004, 5:32 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
In the UK you can do what you want, a GBP 10 quid tip each is too much IMO, better give them some cold beer and a fiver each but your stuff won't get 'injured' if you don't give a tip but act nice.

What a SKINFLINT lol

Givvem £20 quid each ! they are only on day rate so be good " Treat your Packer "

Dont giv em beer fgs
Old May 13th 2004, 5:44 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

We supplied the drink all you want tea/coffee/fizzies and biscuits......and they asked what we are leaving? They took a fair bit of the left behind pile!

Husband stayed around to help if needed, I went to work cause I would have got in the way I left written instructions for my Waterford and Tyrone Crystal and the China!!! (I got them in Aus - three glasses per packing case! and each china piece double bubbled wrapped - Perfect)

No money changed hands in the UK, they were in our house for three days wrapping and packing and did an excellent job. Be prepared to say what you want at the time and help out, if you believe the service was over the top then a crate of beer on finishing or a tip to the leader of the crew - but go with your feelings at the time.

Once we had the stuff in Aus and they unpacked and put it where we wanted, we supplied the tip to the foreman of the crew, but only cause they were brilliant - and the senior guy kept saying strewth and fair dinkum - and he wasn't messing! He thought we were just as mad me irish in a NZ rugby shirt and Andy with all his old Judge Dredge Collection - boxes of it!!!

no worries - just check the insurance!
Old May 13th 2004, 6:43 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
What a SKINFLINT lol

Givvem £20 quid each ! they are only on day rate so be good " Treat your Packer "

Dont giv em beer fgs
Nothing wrong with a beer early on in the day, you're biased!!!

No tipping in Australia or NZ, remember folks!
Old May 14th 2004, 10:42 am
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks will keep it going

Sally
Old May 14th 2004, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on
Are you KIDDING ME?
We are expected to tip the packers after the extortionate rates for removing anyway???

Perhaps its coz I am ozzie and just not used to this, but SERIOUSLY.........

(still in shock from a discresionary service charge of £19 at a restaurant last night)
Old May 14th 2004, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

speckles is an unknown quantity at this point

[i]

(still in shock from a discresionary service charge of £19 at a restaurant last night)
£19 service charge?? What type of restaraunts do you eat in? - apart from obviously expensive ones. Unless it`s the Aussie accent????

Old May 14th 2004, 11:25 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jasper pentop

Not as much of a shock as stamp duty on you car followed by stamp duty on your car insurance.

Theres robbing bastards everywhere
Old May 14th 2004, 11:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Not as much of a shock as stamp duty on you car followed by stamp duty on your car insurance.

No different to here though is it? VAT on buying a car, VAT on servicing / repairing your car, tax on insurance, road tax, VAT (and other taxes) on fuel, Gatsos (tax on speed?). And we've even got toll roads now too.
Old May 14th 2004, 11:36 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
No different to here though is it? VAT on buying a car, VAT on servicing / repairing your car, tax on insurance, road tax, VAT (and other taxes) on fuel, Gatsos (tax on speed?). And we've even got toll roads now too.
Didn't say England was great but the thing is there is a big rip off culture over here as there is in the UK.

You think the Gatsos are bad just wait till you get to Oz.:scared: Though I did find it amusing in NSW that before each fixed camera there were 2 signs warning you that their was a camera ahead.
Old May 14th 2004, 11:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Didn't say England was great but the thing is there is a big rip off culture over here as there is in the UK.

You think the Gatsos are bad just wait till you get to Oz.:scared: Though I did find it amusing in NSW that before each fixed camera there were 2 signs warning you that their was a camera ahead.
Like you said:
Sadly true. There are signs in front of most of the speed cameras here too but I read that only half work in Oz, which is nice
Old May 15th 2004, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

"No tipping in Australia or NZ, remember folks! "

Is this right, no tipping at all for anything????

Restaurants, taxi drivers, hairdressers etc. even if you have a good service.

Lindsey
Old May 15th 2004, 5:34 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by lindseyden
"No tipping in Australia or NZ, remember folks! "

Is this right, no tipping at all for anything????

Restaurants, taxi drivers, hairdressers etc. even if you have a good service.

Lindsey
It's absolutely true for NZ, people get upset if you try to tip them. In big hotels, flash restaurants etc they are, however, used to getting tips off thick Americans.

For Aus, in my experience, there is a general rule that tipping is unnecessary but can sometimes be a decent gesture (eg not for a taxi but possibly when service has been excellent, certainly 10-15% is too much).