Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiny move SYD to BNE, courier/mover?

Tiny move SYD to BNE, courier/mover?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Tiny move SYD to BNE, courier/mover?

I've got a queen bed, a locker and a tiny hall table to move to QLD. I reckon the replacement cost in Brisbane would be over $200 so not looking to spend more than that. What are my options? I ideally want to drop them off at a depot after hours because they're stored at a mates place at the moment.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:46 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiny move SYD to BNE, courier/mover?

I reckon you could get a one-way campervan relocation from SYD to BNE and do it yourself. Google apollo relocations or standbyrelocs. $200 or $2000?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
I reckon you could get a one-way campervan relocation from SYD to BNE and do it yourself. Google apollo relocations or standbyrelocs. $200 or $2000?
Yeah, $200, I might be slightly underestimating. $300 max though. It's all secondhand stuff. Good quality though. I don't fancy doing the drive from Sydney to Brisbane though. $200 wouldn't really motivate me enough. Thanks for the idea though. Might talk the mrs into making a weekend of it and seeing a bit of the countryside (/highway).
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:15 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Yeah, $200, I might be slightly underestimating. $300 max though. It's all secondhand stuff. Good quality though. I don't fancy doing the drive from Sydney to Brisbane though. $200 wouldn't really motivate me enough. Thanks for the idea though. Might talk the mrs into making a weekend of it and seeing a bit of the countryside (/highway).
Keep tabs on these: http://www.standbyrelocs.com/

Nothing going Sydney to Brisbane at the moment, but an example of Brisbane to Sydney is:
Brisbane, Eagle Farm to Sydney, Mascot
31 Aug to 2 Sep
5B ST (5 berth with shower and toilet)
3 days at $5/day
They pay you $60 for fuel and allow 1512km travel.

Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Keep tabs on these: http://www.standbyrelocs.com/

Nothing going Sydney to Brisbane at the moment, but an example of Brisbane to Sydney is:
Brisbane, Eagle Farm to Sydney, Mascot
31 Aug to 2 Sep
5B ST (5 berth with shower and toilet)
3 days at $5/day
They pay you $60 for fuel and allow 1512km travel.
Nice! Thanks for that.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:32 am

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Yeah, $200, I might be slightly underestimating. $300 max though. It's all secondhand stuff. Good quality though.
I dunno, you might be surprised. $200 might be what you'd get for it but I think you'd pay much more than $200 to replace it. I pass a Crazy Eddie's style mattress shop and it seems like even the most horrible foam single mattress is $150 or something.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I dunno, you might be surprised. $200 might be what you'd get for it but I think you'd pay much more than $200 to replace it. I pass a Crazy Eddie's style mattress shop and it seems like even the most horrible foam single mattress is $150 or something.
I bought a queen bed and mattress second hand in Indooroopilly two weeks ago for 200 dollars.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:04 am

Blimey. I stand corrected in that case!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Blimey. I stand corrected in that case!
I think buying new furniture is a false economy, although I may change my tune when I decide to settle down somewhere for an extended period of time. Second hand stuff is a bargain, especially when Harvey Norman is throwing credit at people to replace their perfectly good but slightly outdated stuff.

I did feel slightly bad about our dining table, we picked it up for $250 from a pair of empty nesters moving to Mackay. It's solid wood and I reckon we'll be able to sell it on for at least $400 when we move on. We should have given them a leaving gift or something.