Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timescales for EOI then PR please

Timescales for EOI then PR please

Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:38 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all
Default Timescales for EOI then PR please

Can anyone help.

We are in a quandree. We were going to wait until next year to apply for EOI to NZ until we go on hol in March then Ian can apply for jobs prior and maybe have interviews whilst over there. This was to help us with our application. Now that the points for EOI are being accepted at 110 we have 115 without a job. My view is that it would be worth applying for EOI now then PR with a view to apply for a job before our holiday in March.

So if anyone can help with the questions I would be muchos appricative.
1. Does anyone have any guide on how long your EOI lasts before you can apply for PR (my husband wants to know this don't know why?)
2. Once Pr is granted how long is it valid for before you emigrate?

I have looked on the NZ gov immgration website but that is minefield.

Cheers

Jo B
Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:12 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all
Default Re: Timescales for EOI then PR please

Originally Posted by JoB
Can anyone help.

We are in a quandree. We were going to wait until next year to apply for EOI to NZ until we go on hol in March then Ian can apply for jobs prior and maybe have interviews whilst over there. This was to help us with our application. Now that the points for EOI are being accepted at 110 we have 115 without a job. My view is that it would be worth applying for EOI now then PR with a view to apply for a job before our holiday in March.

1. Does anyone have any guide on how long your EOI lasts before you can apply for PR (my husband wants to know this don't know why?)

Cheers

Jo B
bumping to the top again 'cos I need help plleeaaase

Ta
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 3:20 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JoB
Can anyone help.

Cheers

Jo B

Sorry - missed this when you posted.

I got the impression you think having an EOI accepted gives you the right to come/live/work in NZ - it doesn't.

Once your EOI is pulled from the pool they take about 6-8 weeks to validate the claims you made in it (their words) and then you have 4 months to put in your full PR application. God knows how long it takes them to process that but really it shouldn't be more than a couple of months as the whole point of the new SMC system was to speed up the process - we are currently putting our PR application together so give it a few more months and I will be able to give you a more precise time frame!

I would say with the points being so low, get your application in NOW before they bump it up and you don't have a choice. I don't know how long you have to validate (I would say that once you have PR, you have got it and timescales don't come into it but I am probably wrong).

Ian could still look for a job while the application is being processed.

What does he do? and where were you thinking of heading or are you like we were - we'll go where there is work (and it has stood us in very good stead )?
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:57 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollster
Sorry - missed this when you posted.

I got the impression you think having an EOI accepted gives you the right to come/live/work in NZ - it doesn't.

Once your EOI is pulled from the pool they take about 6-8 weeks to validate the claims you made in it (their words) and then you have 4 months to put in your full PR application. God knows how long it takes them to process that but really it shouldn't be more than a couple of months as the whole point of the new SMC system was to speed up the process - we are currently putting our PR application together so give it a few more months and I will be able to give you a more precise time frame!

I would say with the points being so low, get your application in NOW before they bump it up and you don't have a choice. I don't know how long you have to validate (I would say that once you have PR, you have got it and timescales don't come into it but I am probably wrong).

Ian could still look for a job while the application is being processed.

What does he do? and where were you thinking of heading or are you like we were - we'll go where there is work (and it has stood us in very good stead )?

Bumpty Bump for Jo B!
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 10:01 am
JoB
Off to middle earth

Originally Posted by Pollster
Bumpty Bump for Jo B!

Thanks Pollster, just completing the on-line EOI today 120 already yippe. You have answered the question we wanted to know i.e. if we are accepted to apply for PR how long do we have.

Thanks

Just can't find my driving license and am a bit stressed about it!!

Jo