Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

timescale from meds to visas

Wikiposts

timescale from meds to visas

Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all
Default timescale from meds to visas

hi folks,i have purposely stayed away for a few months from xpats because it just seemed to make the wait till we got our case officer much longer ,now its panic stations,we now have the case officer and they have requested our meds and police checks (they have our meds already and have acknowledged this) so all i have to do is send the police checks which i have also had done but held onto waiting for them to ask for them,does anybody have any idea how long before Visa would be granted,we are applying for skilled oz sponsored 138 visa as far as i can see its send police checks,they contact my sponsor,send him the bond money and then visas ,but were a bit unsure wether to start getting shippers in for quotes just yet etc ,any advice and info welcome as long as its nice he he
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescale from meds to visas

Originally Posted by peterpamnryan
hi folks,i have purposely stayed away for a few months from xpats because it just seemed to make the wait till we got our case officer much longer ,now its panic stations,we now have the case officer and they have requested our meds and police checks (they have our meds already and have acknowledged this) so all i have to do is send the police checks which i have also had done but held onto waiting for them to ask for them,does anybody have any idea how long before Visa would be granted,we are applying for skilled oz sponsored 138 visa as far as i can see its send police checks,they contact my sponsor,send him the bond money and then visas ,but were a bit unsure wether to start getting shippers in for quotes just yet etc ,any advice and info welcome as long as its nice he he
I would start getting quotes at this stage - everything seems to suddenly move quite quickly from where you are now as far as I can see. The best thing that I can suggest to you is to take a look at recent 138's on austimline to work out how long it takes. I believe that how quickly your assurer gets their interview will depend on where they are etc, but you should be able to get a rough idea of timings from austimeline. I would guestimate about 3 months from what I've seen recently.

When did you submit your application?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
I would start getting quotes at this stage - everything seems to suddenly move quite quickly from where you are now as far as I can see. The best thing that I can suggest to you is to take a look at recent 138's on austimline to work out how long it takes. I believe that how quickly your assurer gets their interview will depend on where they are etc, but you should be able to get a rough idea of timings from austimeline. I would guestimate about 3 months from what I've seen recently.

Having read another post someone else just said their 138 took about 6 weeks to turn around after police checks and meds!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suzimc

we submitted application 9 feb this year,so its been quite a wait ,the only downer we have at the mo is our buyers backed out the other day so we may have to consider a validation trip now if we get visas in couple of months,ta for the advice
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:01 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

If i remember. It was like 2 months at the most.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by peterpamnryan
we submitted application 9 feb this year,so its been quite a wait ,the only downer we have at the mo is our buyers backed out the other day so we may have to consider a validation trip now if we get visas in couple of months,ta for the advice
We are almost in line with each other - we submitted 1st Feb.
I think we're probably going to be doing a validation trip as we are set to be in the US until June next year now. I'm still desperate to have those visas in our hands though!