Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recruitment Process - Am I nearly there?

Recruitment Process - Am I nearly there?

Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Smile Recruitment Process - Am I nearly there?

Hi Guys

Hoping someone may be able to help with the following:

Does anyone know the full process out there for recruitment.

I have had

Telephone interview 1.5 hrs
Video conference interview 2 hrs

References called for being taken up this week

Are they likely to pull out now unless references are really bad and what are the next stages.

I don't want to assume its the same as here and references unless really bad means you're almost there?

Cheers in advance, good luck to everyone with their hunting of jobs

Jossy
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:16 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment Process - Am I nearly there?

Originally Posted by jossy
Hi Guys

Hoping someone may be able to help with the following:

Does anyone know the full process out there for recruitment.

I have had

Telephone interview 1.5 hrs
Video conference interview 2 hrs

References called for being taken up this week

Are they likely to pull out now unless references are really bad and what are the next stages.

I don't want to assume its the same as here and references unless really bad means you're almost there?

Cheers in advance, good luck to everyone with their hunting of jobs

Jossy
Were the calls with a company or a recruitment cons ?

If its company I'd say you sound pretty well along, they wouldnt bother pulling ref's unless they were really interested. Thats a major pain in the ass to go through for no reason.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:23 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Double post?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Were the calls with a company or a recruitment cons ?

If its company I'd say you sound pretty well along, they wouldnt bother pulling ref's unless they were really interested. Thats a major pain in the ass to go through for no reason.
Yep. That's my experience too.
References are called when the final decision is about to be made either on the person selected or maybe a very small short list.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Yep. That's my experience too.
References are called when the final decision is about to be made either on the person selected or maybe a very small short list.
Thanks All, I thought it may be the same there as here, the calls were direct with Company and their senior managers for australia.

They haven't mentioned interviewing others as yet. The whole process only started 10 days ago, so last Monday was email to tie up phone call, then Thursday was video conference with management and then Friday call for references.

Guess it looks hopeful and may just be hanging on references,,,,,hope they are all ok and what they expect.

Its all out of my hands now

Thanks for the responses :scared:
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks All, I thought it may be the same there as here, the calls were direct with Company and their senior managers for australia.

They haven't mentioned interviewing others as yet. The whole process only started 10 days ago, so last Monday was email to tie up phone call, then Thursday was video conference with management and then Friday call for references.

Guess it looks hopeful and may just be hanging on references,,,,,hope they are all ok and what they expect.

Its all out of my hands now

Thanks for the responses :scared:
It's not all out of your hands........you could physically threaten the people you cited as referees...........well on second thoughts how's your praying ?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
It's not all out of your hands........you could physically threaten the people you cited as referees...........well on second thoughts how's your praying ?
Yip think preying may be my best hope, referees are good and have agreed, etc

Just you never know when its close to the decision I suppose.

Pray or just have a couple of glasses of wine tonight
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Yip think preying may be my best hope, referees are good and have agreed, etc

Just you never know when its close to the decision I suppose.

Pray or just have a couple of glasses of wine tonight

I think the vino would help your prayers
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
I think the vino would help your prayers

Thats it then Vino tonight he he......

Now another choice white or Red, jeez cant cope with all these choices

Have fun & Thanks again