Timeline anyone

Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:03 pm
Darren,Emma and Katie

poohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the rough
Default Timeline anyone

Driving us nuts now sent off application on 18th June for BN subclass 136 Skilled independent (hubby electrician) got acknowledgement on 27th of June heard nothing since!!!!!! went for medicals last Wednesday to Hull £110 Adult £90 child god knows what X ray and Bloods cost was there 3 hours felt drained when finished, we sent police reports with app back in June any idea how long we got now ??!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all
Default Re: Timeline anyone

Originally Posted by poohandtigger
Driving us nuts now sent off application on 18th June for BN subclass 136 Skilled independent (hubby electrician) got acknowledgement on 27th of June heard nothing since!!!!!! went for medicals last Wednesday to Hull £110 Adult £90 child god knows what X ray and Bloods cost was there 3 hours felt drained when finished, we sent police reports with app back in June any idea how long we got now ??!!!!
How long's a piece of string? If it's anything like mine...........

I got a ball of string....

Good luck with it anyway
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked at this

www.be-forum.co.uk

You can see how people are doing.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there neighbour,
our visas were lodged in may, hubby has just contacted someone and has been told that due to staff leaving the dept that deals with us, everything is very slow, apparently they are presently processing visa applications lodged between april 18-20th, hope this helps, you should be seen to soon!!!!
beth
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:08 pm
Darren,Emma and Katie

poohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bethandneil
hi there neighbour,
our visas were lodged in may, hubby has just contacted someone and has been told that due to staff leaving the dept that deals with us, everything is very slow, apparently they are presently processing visa applications lodged between april 18-20th, hope this helps, you should be seen to soon!!!!
beth
thanks beth xxx
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the link suzy has put on there. If you want adding send a PM to SA redback. That way you can monitor yourself alongside the rest of us on there. x
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:12 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We're just barely behind you.... our application was lodged on June 16th, with acknowledgement about 2 weeks later.

I've seen quite a few people getting visas from mid May (frontloaded of course), so I've been hoping that we should have ours by Dec 1st. Not sure if this is realistic or not, but I figure there are people getting visas a month behind me, maybe I'm only a month away. This is assuming that ASPC doesn't slow down at all.

We are going for our medicals in about a week, so by the time we get a case officer everything they should be able to give us the visa right away.

Anyone know how long it takes your medicals to get from LCU to ASPC, assuming there are no issues??

Haley
P.S. I'm trying very hard to be patient!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
We're just barely behind you.... our application was lodged on June 16th, with acknowledgement about 2 weeks later.

I've seen quite a few people getting visas from mid May (frontloaded of course), so I've been hoping that we should have ours by Dec 1st. Not sure if this is realistic or not, but I figure there are people getting visas a month behind me, maybe I'm only a month away. This is assuming that ASPC doesn't slow down at all.

We are going for our medicals in about a week, so by the time we get a case officer everything they should be able to give us the visa right away.

Anyone know how long it takes your medicals to get from LCU to ASPC, assuming there are no issues??

Haley
P.S. I'm trying very hard to be patient!
We arent going for our meds until December as we think thats when the CO will be allocated. Our police checks are away now and should be back in about 3 weeks. I think the meds question you have asked is about 2weeks, but dont quote me. I am going off a friends timeline from last year.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:32 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
We arent going for our meds until December as we think thats when the CO will be allocated. Our police checks are away now and should be back in about 3 weeks. I think the meds question you have asked is about 2weeks, but dont quote me. I am going off a friends timeline from last year.

I was figuring about two weeks also. My hope if we do the medicals on Nov 6th, that they will go to LCU and arrive at ASPC by about Dec 1st. I'm hoping to get a case officer sometime between Dec 1-15th. It would be great to know before Christmas.

I'm just hoping this week they spend a little more time on the priority application so that we finally get a more than two weeks ahead of the non priority.

Haley
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was figuring about two weeks also. My hope if we do the medicals on Nov 6th, that they will go to LCU and arrive at ASPC by about Dec 1st. I'm hoping to get a case officer sometime between Dec 1-15th. It would be great to know before Christmas.

I'm just hoping this week they spend a little more time on the priority application so that we finally get a more than two weeks ahead of the non priority.

Haley
with you on that one Haley. Our agent has said not to do meds until co assigned, we are booking them for mid december. we arent in a rush as not going anywhere until son finishes his GCSE's.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:38 pm
Canuck/Aussie

with you on that one Haley. Our agent has said not to do meds until co assigned, we are booking them for mid december. we arent in a rush as not going anywhere until son finishes his GCSE's.
We're pretty anxious as none of the employers want to talk to us without a work visa. My husband has been trying to line up work as a mining engineer but everytime he applies to something we get an email that says something like this "the process of sponsoring someone for a visa is a long and exacting process that can only be undertaken if the local marking is lacking."

They don't seem to get that we have already applied for one and should have one by Christmas. Seriously... they obviously don't even read the resume or cover letter. So getting particularly frustrated with that.

We want a job lined up so that they will hopefully pay for moving expenses. Plus we want to make sure we have something to go to before we sell the house. So hopefully we'll have better luck when the visa comes. If he doesn't have a job by March we will plan to go over for a month vacation and job hunt while we are there. We can always sell the house and get our stuff moved from a distance.

Anyway... that's why were so antsy to get the visa. Just like everyone else our plans are on hold until we get that little stamp!

Haley
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

We're pretty anxious as none of the employers want to talk to us without a work visa. My husband has been trying to line up work as a mining engineer but everytime he applies to something we get an email that says something like this "the process of sponsoring someone for a visa is a long and exacting process that can only be undertaken if the local marking is lacking."

They don't seem to get that we have already applied for one and should have one by Christmas. Seriously... they obviously don't even read the resume or cover letter. So getting particularly frustrated with that.

We want a job lined up so that they will hopefully pay for moving expenses. Plus we want to make sure we have something to go to before we sell the house. So hopefully we'll have better luck when the visa comes. If he doesn't have a job by March we will plan to go over for a month vacation and job hunt while we are there. We can always sell the house and get our stuff moved from a distance.

Anyway... that's why were so antsy to get the visa. Just like everyone else our plans are on hold until we get that little stamp!

Haley
Do they know if you are on a 136 they wont need to sponsor him???
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:53 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Do they know if you are on a 136 they wont need to sponsor him???
I figure they most likely didn't bother to look at the resume. So far we've only tried applying for jobs directly through the company on their websites. There's always a few questions before you attach your resume, and one of them is "do you have a valid work visa." So of course we have to check no. I think after that they don't look at it unless they need to.

The other option is of course that they don't understand that we won't need to be sponsored. Which is quite possilbe as most people don't know anything about work visas unless they've had to experience them.

So until they clue in to the fact that we don't need their help we are stuck waiting for the visa to get a job. I have talked to the recruiters as well and they all say "talk to us again when you get a visa."

I expected they would be jumping all over my husband as they are desperate for mining engineers, but so far that hasn't happened.

Haley
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I figure they most likely didn't bother to look at the resume. So far we've only tried applying for jobs directly through the company on their websites. There's always a few questions before you attach your resume, and one of them is "do you have a valid work visa." So of course we have to check no. I think after that they don't look at it unless they need to.

The other option is of course that they don't understand that we won't need to be sponsored. Which is quite possilbe as most people don't know anything about work visas unless they've had to experience them.

So until they clue in to the fact that we don't need their help we are stuck waiting for the visa to get a job. I have talked to the recruiters as well and they all say "talk to us again when you get a visa."

I expected they would be jumping all over my husband as they are desperate for mining engineers, but so far that hasn't happened.

Haley
It may happen when you get the visa through, its not too long off now. A couple of month will make all the difference, as you will be able to tick yes to the work visa.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:09 am
Canuck/Aussie

It may happen when you get the visa through, its not too long off now. A couple of month will make all the difference, as you will be able to tick yes to the work visa.
That will be a great day when I can check the yes box! Our biggest concern is finding a job in the area we want. If my husband can't get a job there then we're stuck with fly in fly out as not many mining jobs are residential in a decent spot.

So here's hoping for some movement at ASPC. Every week I tell myself there's going to be a huge jump because there's been so little progress so far. Let's hope it actually happens week!

Haley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.