Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timeline 47sk Subclass 138

Timeline 47sk Subclass 138

Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all
Default Timeline 47sk Subclass 138

hi folks,just to let anybody who is as useless as me at waiting i rang adelaide last night and asked how long the process was at the moment for occupations on the modl list they told me it was 6 months,if not on this list it is about 12 months,can i just appologise now because im gonna be a right pain over the next few months,i only hope i can give a bit back when im more in the know,ta for your help and patience
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice
Default Re: Timeline 47sk Subclass 138

Hi,

we're also going on 138 sub class sponsored visa and application arrived in adelaide on Monday 27th feb. We're not on modl so could we be looking at a year from now? You dont need me to tell you how desparate we are to move. we were out for a holiday over xmas and new year staying with our relatives and absolutely fell in love with the place. Any answers would be appreciated.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:54 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterpamnryan
hi folks,just to let anybody who is as useless as me at waiting i rang adelaide last night and asked how long the process was at the moment for occupations on the modl list they told me it was 6 months,if not on this list it is about 12 months,can i just appologise now because im gonna be a right pain over the next few months,i only hope i can give a bit back when im more in the know,ta for your help and patience
ooohhh.......Is that 6 months from them receiving application or 6 months from getting a case officer. Its just I am hoping to send off visa application at end of March and would like to have a visa before November! cos I want to go on holiday then and validate it!!

Jackie x
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Our Agent emailed us this week to tell us that she just had a positive Visa application( MODL 136 Visa) through in 3 months!!..although she told us its not saying ours will take that long(we're also on a MODL 136) but it's a good time line
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:13 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
Our Agent emailed us this week to tell us that she just had a positive Visa application( MODL 136 Visa) through in 3 months!!..although she told us its not saying ours will take that long(we're also on a MODL 136) but it's a good time line

How cool would that be?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:00 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SBUK
we were told by our agent about three months ago (before we applied) that they were coming back (136 MODL list) in about three or four months.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
we were told by our agent about three months ago (before we applied) that they were coming back (136 MODL list) in about three or four months.
It's about that long to the med request. It takes around 5 months to get the visa grant. Sometimes longer.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:06 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyC
It's about that long to the med request. It takes around 5 months to get the visa grant. Sometimes longer.
not if you send the meds and PC before there requested and your application paper work is in order.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

not if you send the meds and PC before there requested and your application paper work is in order.

True, although you've also to consider that the regions are working at different speeds too.

Some have a much quicker turnaround time than others. I think that's what makes it all so bad, cos you've got no real timeframe to go on. If you're in x region you get it in 3 - 4 months but if you're unlucky enough to be put in region y then you're looking at 5 - 7 month.

It's all poo!!

(sorry having a crap week and totally fed up )
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:18 pm
s**t rolls down hill

True, although you've also to consider that the regions are working at different speeds too.

Some have a much quicker turnaround time than others. I think that's what makes it all so bad, cos you've got no real timeframe to go on. If you're in x region you get it in 3 - 4 months but if you're unlucky enough to be put in region y then you're looking at 5 - 7 month.

It's all poo!!

(sorry having a crap week and totally fed up )
at the end of the day the bl**dy thing turns up when they decide. all you can go on is past time lines and allow a bit either way.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

at the end of the day the bl**dy thing turns up when they decide. all you can go on is past time lines and allow a bit either way.

Yep, that's what I was trying to say, in a woman round about way

Anyway, hows other plans going?? Do you have to sell house or are you sensible and have already got rid?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:25 pm
s**t rolls down hill

Yep, that's what I was trying to say, in a woman round about way

Anyway, hows other plans going?? Do you have to sell house or are you sensible and have already got rid?
house is on the market as from mid Jan and have 4/5th viewing tomorrow .
still fingers crossed
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

house is on the market as from mid Jan and have 4/5th viewing tomorrow .
still fingers crossed
At least you're getting some viewings. I hope they put a good offer in for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I've had three viewings

One had already put an offer in on another house

One didn't show

The others offered £2k under asking price, we agreed sale then 2 days later they pulled out.

Haven't heard anything for nearly 2 weeks now.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:39 pm
s**t rolls down hill

At least you're getting some viewings. I hope they put a good offer in for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I've had three viewings

One had already put an offer in on another house

One didn't show

The others offered £2k under asking price, we agreed sale then 2 days later they pulled out.

Haven't heard anything for nearly 2 weeks now.
it's been about 2 weeks since our last viewing and haven't had any offers as yet
it's on the market for a good price, well that's what everyone keeps saying
still the spring is round the corner so the market should start to improve. there are a few sold boards going up around here.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it's been about 2 weeks since our last viewing and haven't had any offers as yet
it's on the market for a good price, well that's what everyone keeps saying
still the spring is round the corner so the market should start to improve. there are a few sold boards going up around here.
Hopefully you are right. I've noticed quite a few sold signs here too. I think it makes it worse cos then you think well why aren't they looking at my house.

Think I may change agents. Mine didn't even have an ad in the paper today