Reload this Page >

Time is running out !!!

Time is running out !!!

Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

bozzy's is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time is running out !!!

Hi all

We fly to perth on the 11th July. In the mean time we have to sell our house and two cars.

We have only had 3 viewers for the house, but no offers. I'm really worried that it might not happen in time.

When we got the grant letter on the 20th March it stated that the date of entry was before 1/o8/03. I know that we could go and validate, then come back and sell but we cant afford to waste money.

Sorry for whittering on but i just wanted to share my fears with you.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Andrea
Old May 9th 2003, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Unhappy

hi, yeah we are in the same position as you, but we have a bit longer our visa runs out in october, we have been on the market for 3 months had about 15 viewers,and i work at the estate agent, and we still cant sell the dam thing,,,
its really fustrating isnt it,,, well good luck
Old May 9th 2003, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time is running out !!!

Originally posted by bozzy's
Hi all

We fly to perth on the 11th July. In the mean time we have to sell our house and two cars.

We have only had 3 viewers for the house, but no offers. I'm really worried that it might not happen in time.

When we got the grant letter on the 20th March it stated that the date of entry was before 1/o8/03. I know that we could go and validate, then come back and sell but we cant afford to waste money.

Andrea
Hi Bozzy,

She'll be shite mate, chin up, it is a bit of a b#####d,

Just a bit banter, I do wish you well on the sale of your house, we have found that we've had a lot going on recently and is hard to take it all in, when working full bl####y time,

fingers crossed mate,
Old May 9th 2003, 7:12 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time is running out !!!

Hi all

Andrea

HI.
I'm not in the same boat yet. Applications gone in. But if the processing times are supposedly speeding up i could be.
What i would like to ask is at what stage of the application did you put your house up for sale ?

thanks
Old May 9th 2003, 7:16 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

The UK housing market is going completely pear shaped, suggest you take the asking price down by 10-20% and advertise a bit more, sharpish. Sell quick at realistic (low) price or you'll regret it for the next 5-7 years!

Cars less of a problem, you can always sell via dealers and we're talking less money anyway.

Cheers - Don
Old May 9th 2003, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

You are a little ray of sunshine at the moment, Don

Thanks !
Mash....
Originally posted by pleasancefamily
The UK housing market is going completely pear shaped, suggest you take the asking price down by 10-20% and advertise a bit more, sharpish. Sell quick at realistic (low) price or you'll regret it for the next 5-7 years!

Cars less of a problem, you can always sell via dealers and we're talking less money anyway.

Cheers - Don
Old May 9th 2003, 7:29 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by mashiraz
You are a little ray of sunshine at the moment, Don

Thanks !
Mash....
I know, put it down to depression at turning into a sad old fart last week (40 years not so young). I feel like a cross between Basil Fawlty in the bad episodes and Victor Meldrew when he was at least 5% human.

Time for a beer, though we sad old farts can't get decently pis*ed any more, we just have to get mellow.

Cheers - Don
Old May 9th 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Rubbish!! They have just announced another 15% increase across London over the past 3 months. I am not saying this is country wide but nowhere is in freefall at the moment. Prices around here are pretty much stable.

Don't panic, the Summer is the best time to sell and there will be just as many buyers around because the interest rates are still low.
Good luck to everyone unfortunately it is a slow process at the best of times.
Old May 9th 2003, 8:06 pm
Don
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj
Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Rubbish!! They have just announced another 15% increase across London over the past 3 months. I am not saying this is country wide but nowhere is in freefall at the moment. Prices around here are pretty much stable.

Don't panic, the Summer is the best time to sell and there will be just as many buyers around because the interest rates are still low.
Good luck to everyone unfortunately it is a slow process at the best of times.
Hmm, not sure which survey you trust most (Halifax, Nationwide, RICS, Land Registry, others - they all point to imminent crisis in South East housing market) but London is definitely not just pear shaped but you'd have to believe that the fat girl on Men Behaving Badly was some kind of sexy Siren if you thought the London market was healthy. Not just crap achievable prices but VOLUME of sales too, ie very hard to sell at a price many people (possibly mistakenly) hold out for.

But good luck anyway.

Cheers - Don
Old May 9th 2003, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Default Things are looking up!!!

Hi all

Well took advice and reduced the house by 10k and we have had an offer today!

The couple are not in a chain as they have sold their house in scotland already.
It seems they do things differently up there, offers seem to be legally binding or something.

Anyway delighted! if things go well it could be done and dusted just before we go on the 11th july!

fingers crossed
good look to everyone in the same position

andrea
Old May 9th 2003, 10:13 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news Andrea, could I ask what % you reduced your house by?

Steph
Old May 9th 2003, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Paul and Steph

yeah the house was up for offers in the region of 200k.
we reduced it to 190k

heres hoping!

Andrea
Old May 9th 2003, 10:23 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul and Steph

yeah the house was up for offers in the region of 200k.
we reduced it to 190k

heres hoping!

Andrea
Cheers Andrea, it helps to see what everyone else is doing.

Good luck with the sale!

Steph