Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Time for RSMS or ENS to come back

Time for RSMS or ENS to come back

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Default Time for RSMS or ENS to come back

Hi Guys

Just tried to post this, don't think it worked!! Sorry if it appears twice.

Has anyone sent off for ENS or RSMS applications? How long does it take for DIMIA to give or refuse the sponsorship from the time of the employer/employee sending in the forms asking for sponsorship? I gather you need these before you can even apply for your visa.

Cheers...

Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

iNTERLINK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time for RSMS or ENS to come back

Originally Posted by Seabird
Hi Guys

Has anyone sent off for ENS or RSMS applications? How long does it take for DIMIA to give or refuse the sponsorship from the time of the employer/employee sending in the forms asking for sponsorship? I gather you need these before you can even apply for your visa.

Cheers...

Hi,

If your visa application was not submitted together with the employer's sponsorship/nomination, you will need to submit DIMIA's approval letter with your visa application (re ENS).
DIMIA normally makes a decision within two months of application however this is largely dependent on the amount of work facing them. I do not work with RSMS so I cannot answer this part of the question.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Andre
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:43 pm
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

Cheers...

Hi

I am currently awaiting a decision from the Australian Embassy in London concerning an ENS application. When the employer submitted their application it took about 2 weeks before a decision approving the nomination was granted, this was in Nov 04. I submitted my application on 18 Dec 04 and my case officer emailed me on 21 Dec 04 requesting medicals and a few other items. They give you 28 days to submit the items, or they say that a decision will be made based on the evidence they have at that time. Our medicals were sent to London on the 19 Jan 05. We have not had any contact with the case officer since Dec 04 but believe we should be receiving information good or bad within the next few weeks. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Thanks that helps considerably.

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:37 am
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Thanks that helps considerably.

Received the news we wanted yesterday, Visa granted.
No emails, just my passport back by registered post with a letter saying the visa has been granted, with the visa stuck in the passport.

Regards

Steve
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockHopper
Received the news we wanted yesterday, Visa granted.
No emails, just my passport back by registered post with a letter saying the visa has been granted, with the visa stuck in the passport.

Regards

Steve
Congratulations, Steve!! You must be delighted. Not sure what it is, but I gather Australians are less inclined to send e-mails than we are, and still like the personal touch or snail-mail. So you should look forward to more with colleagues than e-mails

Cheers

Claire.