Time to move on

Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Wink Time to move on

Hi Everyone
Well we have decided to move on from this forum and wanted to let everyone know that most of the time we have had some real useful advice off here , which helped us in our big move to Perth last year. The site used to have so much fun , but sadly it gets nasty and we arent up for that , to much going on without having to cope with nastiness , but there are still alot of people who are helpful and keep up the good work . Off this site we have met and are still in touch with some really great people , Yvsie and family , Gareth w ( sophia and family ) who was my rock in the early days , matt and jo , dianeoz , sueandian , baldbutts , very funny family , and many many more. Have had alot of problems since we got here and we have had the help of alot of these people , and we are greatfull for that , and thankyou all for being there for us. Even with our ups and downs we are determined to hopefully caryy on , its hard , but we have found day by day it does get a little easier . Over the weekend we headed down south to family in Albany had alovely time , and perhaps as we are country bumpkins we might eventually move down there .
This has been one of the biggest challenges of our lifes , some things we regret others we dont , but i think we are glad we have had a go anyway , and hope all those waiting will have better luck than we have done , but you have to go for it . If you come out with the right attitude then it will work , i think !! We are told by Aussies all the time " your great , you have the right attitude , youll be good " they say , you see we never run home down , we tell people we came from a beautiful part of Uk , but we wanted to travel and see the world , they respect that , we will never get rich here thats fact , we are always broke , but hey we have our health and family who needs anything else Yesterday travelling up from Albany we cut across and came up via Bunbury , as we past some cars flagging us down , a guy was lay in the road , wrapped in a blanket , his bike unreconisable , people all over the place , we carried on the kids shocked , when we got home the news said a 28 yr old had been killed at the scene , god we are so lucky arent we , enjoy , have fun while you can , it quite upset me i have to say and made me think about things i have to say.
Anyway as usual i go off the beaten track , as someone pointed out to me everyone has an opinon , to which i have never disagreed , its just the way some people on here talk sometime thats a little upsetting for others , so be careful in what you all say. Good luck to you all in all you do , hope your dreams come true Bye Joanne , Paul , scott and Shawnie xxx
Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to move on

Originally posted by jopaulss
Anyway as usual i go off the beaten track , as someone pointed out to me everyone has an opinon , to which i have never disagreed , its just the way some people on here talk sometime thats a little upsetting for others , so be careful in what you all say. Good luck to you all in all you do , hope your dreams come true Bye Joanne , Paul , scott and Shawnie xxx

This forum will saddly miss you and I am sorry if my banter has in anyway upset you but I do rise to the bait , silly old fool that I can be.
Good Luck life owes as does Australia may all your dreams come true , a Brit we all can be proud of.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Good luck Joanne with the future. You need to have a hide as tought as a rhino to post here if its not what people want to hear.

One by one everyone who actually lives here is logging off and people who have never even been here will be able to post utter rubbbish about the Dream Land.

Though of loggin off myself, however I Live Here so why shouldn't I post.

Great pity what could have been so useful is being wrecked. Posts like your (new arrival/realistic) were worth their weight in Gold. If I was a fragile new arrival I'd be put off too.

Think I might join you and leave the dreamers to really useful info like "Life in the Sun Docos", coloured brochures from the travel agent and memories of a backpacking hol a decade ago.

What was that little poll the other day, 48% coming here had never even had a vist to OZ, just think Jo they were probably the people slagging you off.

Good Luck anyway, and best wishes for the future.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:33 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Good luck Joanne with the future. You need to have a hide as tought as a rhino to post here if its not what people want to hear.

One by one everyone who actually lives here is logging off and people who have never even been here will be able to post utter rubbbish about the Dream Land.

Though of loggin off myself, however I Live Here so why shouldn't I post.

Great pity what could have been so useful is being wrecked. Posts like your (new arrival/realistic) were worth their weight in Gold. If I was a fragile new arrival I'd be put off too.

Think I might join you and leave the dreamers to really useful info like "Life in the Sun Docos", coloured brochures from the travel agent and memories of a backpacking hol a decade ago.

What was that little poll the other day, 48% coming here had never even had a vist to OZ, just think Jo they were probably the people slagging you off.

Good Luck anyway, and best wishes for the future.
I'm really getting fed up with this now. We are all adults on this site and we all know what we are doing. There are tons of people every day who move somewhere that they have never been to before...so what? They make it. Dotty I don't think it's really fair of you to say this. I have found some of your threads and comments very useful - same with Jo's. People are expecting their lives to be better when they move - so what is wrong with that? I think that you have gotten your point across before that life isn't a bed of roses all of the time. D'uh! Surely every adult already knows that.

I don't think it's wrong to dream. People might call me a dreamer but so what? What did Martin Luther King say "....I have a dream..". We all need to have something to dream about.

If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. So what?

Sorry, I'm not having a go or anything here (I hate confrontation) but sometimes I think that you think that we are a bunch of 12 years on this site.

Anyways, Jo, I have enjoyed reading your information. It sounds like it's been up and down but as my Gran says "that's what life is all about...it would be boring otherwise". I hope it works out for you and your family.

V
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you as you'd hoped.
Whatever you decide it is good that you have tried it regardless. It must be a great experience and there are not many people with guts or sense of adventure to what you have done.

Best of luck for the future.

Tina x
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty we ALL have enjoyed Jo's post's and other similar honest posts from new arrivals,
Its not this kind of post that us deluded dreamers object to. Please dont associate yourself with these posts as these are simple and informative and not laced with bitter snarling as yours and PB's are.
Its Ironic that you two vultures are the first to jump in on this post at least PB was honest enough to think HE might be responsible.
As some one has already said, read your posts over before you hit the send button,
Old Jun 26th 2003, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stoney
Its Ironic that you two vultures are the first to jump in on this post at least PB was honest enough to think HE might be responsible.

What is probably more ironic is that Jo PB and Dotty live in OZ so would have been on the board at same time. Duh!
Old Jun 26th 2003, 5:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Stoney
Dotty we ALL have enjoyed Jo's post's and other similar honest posts from new arrivals,
Its not this kind of post that us deluded dreamers object to. Please dont associate yourself with these posts as these are simple and informative and not laced with bitter snarling as yours and PB's are.
As some one has already said, read your posts over before you hit the send button,

Stoney you are as bad as the people you complain about. I've never answered one of your messages/threads because you seem to be as bad a wilf etc etc. (but on the opposite side of the coin)

You spend half your time attacking people because you don't like their views - and you've really got it in for Dotty haven't you - grow up!

I know we are all guilty of rising to the bait, I'm a fine one to talk - and sometimes getting carried away with arguments , that's human nature

But really stoney you should look at yourself first, you seem to have real vendettas against certain people.

I do not know you, you may be the most loveliest person in the world for all I know (it's hard getting real self across on a forum I know that) - but you are doing what you accuse a lot of other people to be doing.

cheers

P.s sorry jopaulss for going off the subject here - I wish you the best of luck, whatever your decision may be.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 26th 2003 at 5:52 am.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ceri

You spend half your time attacking people because you don't like their views - and you've really got it in for Dotty haven't you - grow up!

Glad somebody else has noticed his obsession with me. I am having little visions of this mini pommie stonmason complete with axe popping up under me wood pile. Scary

Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

As usual Stoney you have your head up your backside. Sorry to be rude, but since you feel free to sling it around, you should expect your fair share back
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty
Originally posted by Ceri

Glad somebody else has noticed his obsession with me. I am having little visions of this mini pommie stonmason complete with axe popping up under me wood pile. Scary

As usual you accuse me of doing what you are doing
Are you the only one allowed an opinion
Its not their opinions I dont like its their attitude and abuse I dont like
I am not against "negative" posts its the down right rude and condascending ones
If you dont like it then maybe its you who should be leaving
dont know how such a gentle flower like you has survived in such a harsh country???
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by megawho
As usual Stoney you have your head up your backside. Sorry to be rude, but since you feel free to sling it around, you should expect your fair share back

Of course I've got my head up my arse I can see PB and Dotty better from here.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by megawho

Please point out the point where I was rude????

(please take into account the posts where dotty was rude and you did not respond in the same way)
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

[Ceri [/i]
[Stoney you are as bad as the people you complain about. I've never answered one of your messages/threads because you..]

You have posted rude messages on my threads check em out.

[..seem to be as bad a wilf etc etc. (but on the opposite side of the
coin)]

Thats whats called balanced views ....surely your not complaining about balanced views??????

[I know that) - but you are doing what you accuse a lot of other people to be doing.]

cheers

So you have spotted the Irony...
I see you dont jump on the Rude and agressive posters who you agree with its only right to be abusive if you agree with their opinion....goose and gander and all that
Never read any of your posts telling PB to tone it down.

Last edited by Stoney; Jun 26th 2003 at 6:49 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

Please point out the point where I was rude????

I just did a search through all your previous postings....I reckon that of your 228 postings, in around 200 of them you've been rude, slagging people off, shouting people down who disagree with you etc etc, and yet when anybody responds you put on this act of injured innocence. You're probably the single most unpleasant person on this site.....well done, keep it up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.