Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The time has nearly come..........

The time has nearly come..........

Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Allison07 has a spectacular aura aboutAllison07 has a spectacular aura aboutAllison07 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The time has nearly come..........

Originally Posted by daunted
........... to bid farewell to our old life, we leave on 26th November heading to Bunbury, and I wanted to make the most of this rare 'quiet' time to say a massive thankyou to everyone who has offered help and support over the last 10 months or so.

I have learnt a lot about myself this past year. I have gone from being completely focussed to completely paralized with fear and worry about what i am doing. You lot on here have been fantastic and we can head off knowing that we are as prepared as anyone can possibly be.

We have met people, both in person and cyber, that I hope will be friends for life. Im going into this eyes wide open that it is going to be very very hard but there is no one more determined than myself to give it our best shot. I am sure there will be times i question the logic of my decisions but in my heart of hearts i know we will make it work.
I have been through the mill with my family as many of you are aware but we now seem to be over the worst of it and everyone is being very supportive.

I have met my dad for the first time in nearly 15 years and it is with mixed emotions that i say good bye to him so soon after saying hello.

My eldest son is staying behind to finish his degree which is going to hurt but i leave him knowing he is happy and proud of my decision and know that he will join us at a later date if and only if the decision is right for him at that time. I can leave him knowing that he is happy, safe and secure doing something that he loves,if i didnt know that i would not be able to go. I am proud of all my kids but when i look at him i want to burst with pride, he hasnt had what most would call a conventional childhood but he has excelled at everything he does and i know he will continue to do so.

My house is now a shell with just the bare minimum to exist, our most treasured possessions are on the high seas on route, but everything i need in life is still here - my kids and with them i can conquer the world, we will have a damned good try anyway

Once again - thankyou to you all for allowing me to scream, cry and rant as well as listen to my child like euphoria you are all fantastic

I will still be around over the next couple of weeks and of course when we arrive but im not sure i will have the time to get this all out SO here it is in all is mushy glory ................

Hang out the flags - the Starkies are on their way to Oz!
Just a BIG good luck to you all..safe journey xx And GO FOR IT!! xx