Reload this Page >

Time frame for entire procedure

Time frame for entire procedure

Old May 29th 2002, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

hsvirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time frame for entire procedure

Hi there,

What would be the normal time of processing from the Adelaide post provided everything goes ok, including the assessment of qualifications

Yours truly
Tony
Old May 29th 2002, 5:34 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time frame for entire procedure

Lots of different things determine the answer to your question.

Try here http://www.austimeline.com/austime/index.jsp

it might help, though my category (through hubby isn't moving)

good luck
Old May 29th 2002, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

dazzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my skills assessed in just 3 weeks (I'm a toolmaker) but then our application form says to expect a decision in 10-12 months. Since then we have heard Adelaide have a back log of 2 months so your guess is as good as mine. We also hear of people still waiting 20 months down the line !.... Regards Darren & Julie
Old May 30th 2002, 6:20 pm
Steve

hsvirk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > What would be the normal time of processing from the Adelaide post provided
    > everything goes ok, including the assessment of qualifications
    >
    > Yours truly Tony

Hi, Our skills assessment took about 10 weeks and we lodged our application on 22nd
November 2001 and got it TODAY!!! This was through Adelaide, using an agent here and
not having any problems along the way. Good luck, Louise

Old Jun 1st 2002, 1:20 pm
Jamie

[email protected] (steve) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > hsvirk <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > What would be the normal time of processing from the Adelaide post provided
    > > everything goes ok, including the assessment of qualifications
    > >
    > > Yours truly Tony
    >
    > Hi, Our skills assessment took about 10 weeks and we lodged our application on 22nd
    > November 2001 and got it TODAY!!! This was through Adelaide, using an agent here
    > and not having any problems along the way. Good luck, Louise

Depending on the assessing body, skills assessment can take up to three months.
Similarly with the application processing times can vary depending on the current
case load and also if DIMA request extra information.

Like the advice to use an agent , this certainly ensures that the process is done
correctly the first time.

Jamie Lingham Absolute Immigration Services Registered Migration Agent Number 0108123

Old Jun 1st 2002, 5:49 pm
dpr

dpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hsvirk
Hi there,

What would be the normal time of processing from the Adelaide post provided everything goes ok, including the assessment of qualifications

Yours truly
Tony
How long is a piece of string?

It seems that if you have an uncomplicated application and no problem with the skills assessment you can do it from start to finish in less than six months without an agent or being involved in IT. Our skills app took about 3 months (most of it wasting time gathering paperwork at this end) and our actual application from submission from the UK (by courier) to receipt of the pre-grant letter took about two and a half months and the final visa approval letter took a further two weeks after that i.e marginally over three months. Having followed this forum for several months now, it seems that quite a few people have received their visas in even less time. Conversely, others have have either been incredibly unfortunate, or have problematic applications and seem to take ages i.e. 18/12-24/12.

We arrive in Perth in July which is about 10 months after we started thinking about going to Oz.

Good luck with your application - I think there are a few common sense principles/practical issues that facilitate this process - if you want to discuss them email me

dpr
Old Jun 1st 2002, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to Steve and Dpr in getting their visas, but its disheartening for the rest of us who submitted to London and are still waiting, and waiting...... Surely the AHC must be embarrassed by their waiting times, they're even longer than the NHS!
Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2002, 1:20 am
Jaj

Jamie All this is very well provided the agent is good. There are stories on this
group and others about agents/lawyers who have subtracted rather than added value to
the application.

Jeremy

>
    >Like the advice to use an agent , this certainly ensures that the process is done
    >correctly the first time.
    >
    >Jamie Lingham Absolute Immigration Services Registered Migration Agent
    >Number 0108123

Old Jun 6th 2002, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

ad_can_immig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve!
Could you let me know which agent you used. Thanks.