Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Time frame for converting to RSMS (PR) from 457

Time frame for converting to RSMS (PR) from 457

Old Jan 12th 2007, 6:18 am
Just Joined

jimwif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time frame for converting to RSMS (PR) from 457

I came in on 457 and my empolyer has agreed to sponsor me for RSMS this month. Was wondering if anybody has any idea of how long this could take (I mean to get RSMS from 457?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 6:41 am
Banned

rural-hermit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time frame for converting to RSMS (PR) from 457

if you already have full medicals - and police clearances. Then It CAN take under 1 month if your lucky.

If not the avarage time frame is 3 months
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rural-hermit
if you already have full medicals - and police clearances. Then It CAN take under 1 month if your lucky.

If not the avarage time frame is 3 months
pish!!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:18 am
Banned

really?

I just did it 1 month ago - exactly....
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rural-hermit
really?

I just did it 1 month ago - exactly....
good onya-that must be a record!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:25 am
Banned

no record.

It was very personal, had a person I could call and talk me through it - i send everything in 1 at a time as I got them.

The only thing that took the time was the police clearance from the Feds.

Actually - I walked in on the last day with the police clearance - and she took it off me, walked into her office - 5 mins later came out with my confirmation!

simple really (I`m sure the agents make it sound harder!)
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

owleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimwif
I came in on 457 and my empolyer has agreed to sponsor me for RSMS this month. Was wondering if anybody has any idea of how long this could take (I mean to get RSMS from 457?
We just did it, but had to get full medicals and police checks as we didn't both have them for 457 visa. Had to do X-rays again as we had been here a while already. I also had to apply to Vetassess which I hadn't had to do for 457 visa and this took by far the longest. Once submitted, it took just a few days to get the Yes decision from DIMIA. So all in all about 3 months I think - certainly not longer.
Good Luck!
Cheers,
Cat
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We already had the police checks and it took about 1 month to get the regional approval, health stuff and application sorted.

From date of submission to DIMIA it was 1 month for visa grant but 3 weeks of that was answering questions and making submissions because I was overage and had no qualifications.

Reckon if it's a straightforward case 6 weeks start to finish could do it but you are relying on a lot of other people and variables.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

The Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud of

scuse me for being thick but I'm new to all this! so did you have to be working for your employer for 2 years before getting the PR? How much does it cost to change from 457 to PR?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Buzzards
so did you have to be working for your employer for 2 years before getting the PR? How much does it cost to change from 457 to PR?
If you meet the standard skill requirements for RSMS you don't have to work for your employer for 2 years, not as far as DIMA is concerned. You could get an RSMS visa before you leave.

Remember RSMS is only available in some parts of Australia, ENS is available everywhere but usually has stricter requirements.

Costs for an RSMS visa are the same whether you have a 457 or not. In fact it's more expensive to apply for it onshore.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:31 am
Just Joined

jimwif is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. I should probably hope for a shortish time. I do have the police checks but not the full medicals. Did the X-ray though but not the blood tests. I'll get cracking then. Fingers crossed. Hope I get it in record time :-).