Tilers in QLD

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:28 pm
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all
Default Tilers in QLD

Hi there,
this question is to wall & floor tilers in QLD who have moved from the UK, those of you without qualifications have you managed to find work ok ? I already have my visa and am thinking of doing my NVQ level 2 before I arrive do you think that will be beneficial and is it recognised i look forwardto your thoughts and experiences , thanks Harry..
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Default Re: Tilers in QLD

Originally Posted by hch
Hi there,
this question is to wall & floor tilers in QLD who have moved from the UK, those of you without qualifications have you managed to find work ok ? I already have my visa and am thinking of doing my NVQ level 2 before I arrive do you think that will be beneficial and is it recognised i look forwardto your thoughts and experiences , thanks Harry..
no point doing it really!
your experience and knowledge should be enough for work as long as you know your stuff!
you will need to get your blue card and if you are having problems finding work try having your skills assessed over there - or find an employer!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:42 pm
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all

Hi ,
have you worked in QLD ? I have a blue card from my last visit and as I understand it most builders wont touch you without a licence and to get one you have to show your qualifications so thats why I was wondering if they recognised the NVQ ?
cheers
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Originally Posted by hch
Hi ,
have you worked in QLD ? I have a blue card from my last visit and as I understand it most builders wont touch you without a licence and to get one you have to show your qualifications so thats why I was wondering if they recognised the NVQ ?
cheers
no they don't recognise an nvq but you can work on the books for someone as you can work on their licence under their builders licence! YES i did work out there on the books under their licence!
or have your skills assessed on-site with the master builders and a buisness course to get your licence! have a look on the master builders web site for australia (qld).
hope this is of a bit of use for ya!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:04 pm
hch
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt
no they don't recognise an nvq but you can work on the books for someone as you can work on their licence under their builders licence! YES i did work out there on the books under their licence!
or have your skills assessed on-site with the master builders and a buisness course to get your licence! have a look on the master builders web site for australia (qld).
hope this is of a bit of use for ya!
yes I will take a look cheers mate.