Ticks..........

Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:46 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ticks..........

Anybody ever had one? Disgusting things!!! OH had one after a bush walk on a relatives land. It has been removed but has left a raised sore lump!! Any suggestions on what to use to ease it? C x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ticks..........

Originally Posted by shiels
Anybody ever had one? Disgusting things!!! OH had one after a bush walk on a relatives land. It has been removed but has left a raised sore lump!! Any suggestions on what to use to ease it? C x
Had lots Try StopItch or tea-tree oil.

If you get another - Spray skin with Mortein Instant knockdown, wait 1 minute, spray again. Dab skin dry and carefully tweezer out tick by getting as far under its sides as possible. This was recommended by my doctor and it works.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:58 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
Had lots Try StopItch or tea-tree oil.

If you get another - Spray skin with Mortein Instant knockdown, wait 1 minute, spray again. Dab skin dry and carefully tweezer out tick by getting as far under its sides as possible. This was recommended by my doctor and it works.
Thanks. What part of the GC hinterland do you live, if you dont mind me asking? C x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. What part of the GC hinterland do you live, if you dont mind me asking? C x
On top of Tamborine mountain and if it's not the ticks the ants will get you!
I'm finding 'Off' insect repellant very effective against ticks at the moment. Spray around ankles, wrists and neck.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:31 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

On top of Tamborine mountain and if it's not the ticks the ants will get you!
I'm finding 'Off' insect repellant very effective against ticks at the moment. Spray around ankles, wrists and neck.
Beaudesert way then, lovely. We've found 'stingoes' the best relief once somethings bitten you!! C x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:48 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Ha I remember someone from bush walking club got one on his scrotum so think yourself lucky

Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:55 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by themerlin
Ha Ha I remember someone from bush walking club got one on his scrotum so think yourself lucky
OMG who got the job of removing it!!!!! C x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:02 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

oddly enough have had a few on our block. still itch on all the old bites a year later, every time another one finds me all the old sites start itching. I believe i have an allergy and that i have to remove them without them chewing more toxin into me. found on a website that engine starter works a treat, instant kill so no more long lingering death while chewing onmy skin. will be giving it a go this summer when they all come out in search of me.
Jenny
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

We get a lot of ticks on our block due to the kangaroos. The best way of removing them is to take tweezers and hold the tick on the part that penetrates the skin firmly. Move the tweezers in a slow circular motion while pulling the tick out. In most cases this will take the entire tick. If you are left with part of it connected to you I have found smothering it in vaseline for a few hours will allow it to then be pulled out.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:42 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Thanks for all the replies

There was an article in todays GC Bulletin saying that the ticks that paralises is going to be rife this year.

Just the thought of ticks make me itch!!! C x

Last edited by shiels; Sep 9th 2008 at 8:45 am.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:07 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Thanks for all the replies

There was an article in todays GC Bulletin saying that the ticks that paralises is going to be rife this year.

Just the thought of ticks make me itch!!! C x

Our dog has a collar to prevent ticks - do they make a human version?

We are plauged with ticks this year in Dubai. They live in the sand and after walking our dog her feet are black with them. My daughter and I had to sit down with tweezers and pull them all off, hundreds of them.

We have had her clipped now so they are easier to see. Frontline was useless against them but since getting the tick collar we haven't seen any, which is great. Horrible - revolting things
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
We get a lot of ticks on our block due to the kangaroos. The best way of removing them is to take tweezers and hold the tick on the part that penetrates the skin firmly. Move the tweezers in a slow circular motion while pulling the tick out. In most cases this will take the entire tick. If you are left with part of it connected to you I have found smothering it in vaseline for a few hours will allow it to then be pulled out.
You kill them instantly with either Mortein or engine starter. If you use Vaseline they can inject a lot more toxin in the meantime. If you are sensitive to ticks they can do more damage - an acute allergic reaction. Our neighbour ended up in hospital with a bite not long ago.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I've been told the opposite, ie if you spay them with Mortein it's worse.

I think tea tree oil is the go.

You kill them instantly with either Mortein or engine starter. If you use Vaseline they can inject a lot more toxin in the meantime. If you are sensitive to ticks they can do more damage - an acute allergic reaction. Our neighbour ended up in hospital with a bite not long ago.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:05 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh lord, i didn't realise people got ticks from walking about, i thought it was just animals... we have just bought a plot of semi rural land which kangaroo's apparently visit occasionally, looks like i will be wearing my wellies 24/7 and i better get some tweezers in hand for when our son plays out. Do these ticks live in just long grass? or do they survive in short grass too?

Really worried now, dont like flea's, ticks or head lice (never had headlice but my friends daughter use to get them all the time) the thought is making my skin crawl
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by themerlin
I've been told the opposite, ie if you spay them with Mortein it's worse.

I think tea tree oil is the go.
I know Mortein works - about 10 tick bites to prove it. My OH used to get flu-like symptoms from tick bites and the Mortein method has curtailed that, thank goodness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.